Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prius vs Model 3 Suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently drive a latest gen 2016 Prius and overall I am happy with it but I am planning on buying a Model 3 this fall. I'm very excited for AutoPilot!

I have read the threads about people's opinion of the new coil suspension but those discussions have been centered on comparing the old M3 suspension to the new coil springs. I don't have access to a Model 3 to test drive so I am not able to feel the suspension myself.

I am curious how the Model 3 suspension would compared to my current 2016 Prius. I live in San Antonio Texas so I think there are less potholes than up north due to the warmer climate. So I think that will help things.

Can anyone speak to how the suspension of a Prius would feel compared to the new Model 3 suspension?

I had a 2016 Prius Touring as daily driver for two years... no problem with the switch to Model 3 over two months ago. I had 2007 Prius Touring as daily driver before that. All that up here in the northeast with seasonal potholes.

I currently drive a latest gen 2016 Prius and overall I am happy with it but I am planning on buying a Model 3 this fall. I'm very excited for AutoPilot!

I have read the threads about people's opinion of the new coil suspension but those discussions have been centered on comparing the old M3 suspension to the new coil springs. I don't have access to a Model 3 to test drive so I am not able to feel the suspension myself.

I am curious how the Model 3 suspension would compared to my current 2016 Prius. I live in San Antonio Texas so I think there are less potholes than up north due to the warmer climate. So I think that will help things.

Can anyone speak to how the suspension of a Prius would feel compared to the new Model 3 suspension?