TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Private Owners Reception at Tesla Monterey 19Aug2017

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by smorgasbord, Aug 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

#1 smorgasbord, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Held in Seaside as a "thank you to our Roadster owners for the continued passion and support in accelerating the future of sustainable energy." Roadster owners got to park in the lot where they had a Model S and X on display - and then even though the invitation said there would not be a Model 3 on display, John MacNeill and Franz Holzhausen arrived in their Model 3s (Franz with family in tow), so all four Tesla models were in one place:

All4ModelsInOnePlace.jpg

Model 3 VINs 33 (left) and 10:
    VINs10&33.jpg

John and Franz both spoke for a bit, thanking Roadster owners for believing in Tesla at a crucial point in time:
    FranzSpeaking.jpg

Model 3 does not have a "Model 3" badge anywhere. Franz said he wanted to keep the lines clean.
    Franzs-Model3-Rear-Charging.jpg

Model 3 Interior:
    Model3-Interior.jpg

Frunk:
    Model-3-Frunk.jpg

Model S and X owners will be interested to hear that Tesla is working on a software update to use the front camera(s) to support dashcam functionality. Some early Model S's without any AP hardware won't have this option.

Franz was very much the rock star, not only for his personality and comments, he took questions from the audience and graciously signed the mini-poster of his Tesla vehicle sketches (Models S, 3, & X) and posed for pictures:
    FranzSigning.jpg

All in all, it was a good casual event with good food and drink, and we all appreciated Franz and John taking time on a Saturday to show up unexpectedly. The Roadster owner goodie bag contained the mini-poster, a car mug, and an Alpaca scarf, great for driving on cool evenings with the top off.

• Like x 22
    • Informative x 3
    • Love x 2
  2. Roadster

Roadster Member

Nice! Pics?

3. smorgasbord

Are you not seeing the 7 posted pictures?

4. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

5. Roadster

Roadster Member

Yup, I can see the main set but the "Roadster owner goodie bag" contents is what I was hoping you could share photos of, thx!

6. smorgasbord

Someone asked for pictures of Roadsters at the event.

Here's a lilac custom paint job:
    IMG_2703.JPG

An early Signature model, still all original:
    IMG_2705.JPG

This one is owned by the Tesla store. It's a European version (see sidelight just behind the front tire):
    IMG_2711.JPG

A late V2.5 in the foreground:
    IMG_2715.JPG

• Like x 4
    • Love x 3
  7. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Thanks for the great photos of some of the Roadsters, Smorgasbord. We were there too and got there just as Jon started to talk so moved inside and later realized I only had a few pics of the row of cars in group shots after we left. Had been too busy looking them over afterwards. So the lilac was a custom paint job. I had wondered about that and pondered if it was a colorized wrap. Stunning and definitely an attention getter. But then they all were! Thanks to all the owners who so gracious shared their cars and talked to us about them. There isn't a Tesla model that isn't as sexy as all heck. So happy to be part of this family.

An owner of the Electric Blue invited my husband to sit in hers and took his photo which really made his day. If she's on the forum, hope you know that. We did a similar "made my day" thing this morning with our MS. A young waitress at place we frequent we found out from her mom just loves Teslas, so we went back at closing time and asked her if she wanted to go for a quick ride in ours. She got so excited at the prospect I thought she might pass out. Her mom was fine with it and needless to say it made her day. Always fun to see the Tesla grin and another person excited over EVs and Teslas.

• Like x 2
  8. cziegler

cziegler Member

Thank you for posting, Smorgasbord! We had hoped to attend but had to cancel last minute due to PR (parental responsibilities) so we were there in spirit and the pics help fill the emotional void.

I'm curious, did any Roadster owners from the L.A. area make it up? And if so, what's the scoop on charging locations/logistic or is there a better thread for that info?

9. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

For anyone who's interested here's the tread I had posted photos to Weekend Socials . A few photos of the Roadster line up from a side shot and back side.

10. Casey_S

Casey_S Member

Can we discuss the casually overlooked mention of dashcam functionality? That's huge news.

• Like x 6
  11. seclinton

seclinton Member

Anyone ask Jon about spare parts lead times? You are not off the hook yet Jon.

12. stevo1100

stevo1100 Member

This. Huge news. Makes me wonder whether or not I should bother with installing my new blackvue. Would hate to go through the trouble of install and then uninstalling.

• Like x 1
  13. chibi_kurochan

One little tidbit I noticed, spray nozzle built in the windshield wiper :)

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  14. SO_S90D

SO_S90D Member

I'd still install it. Who knows when "soon" is. Besides, it might be a good idea to have both anyway.

• Like x 1
  15. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

I'm sure that topic would generate more enthusiastic discussion in the S and X forums. I'll take some liberty in saying on behalf of Roadster owners: "Dashcam? We don't need no stinking dashcam!"

• Love x 1
  16. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

#16 FlatSix911, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Many thanks to the great staff and Seaside location manager... with his stunning roadster :cool:

IMG_7056.JPG IMG_7062.JPG

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1