Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
I'm planning to sell my 2017 MX 75D with 25K miles as I'm eyeing a 2023 MX. The car was bought when they offered free unlimited supercharging and I paid for and qualified for the FSD beta. I installed a plastic mat for the cargo area which stays with the car. It also has the tow package and the extra trailer-hitch connectors and the case of recharge adapters (which I never used). I also upgraded the car to reenable the FM radio. It also includes the connectivity package which means I don't pay a monthly fee for navigation and streaming.

First, I understand that those benefit packages stay with the car which should add to its value. Is this true?

What other advice can the community offer to help expedite the sale and make the buyer comfortable with the car? I plan to offer an accompanied test drive.

Thanks in advance.

I can offer my experience selling a Model S to a private party. I used a site called onlyusedtesla.com. They charge a $200 flat fee. I found their users very up to speed on Teslas and their options, and sold the car fairly quickly (about 2 weeks). A smart Tesla buyer is more likely to value the options you have on the car.

Not sure how that would work (paying for the unlimited supercharging). I think there were 2 types of unlimited sold - 1 that was free for the life of the car (SC01) and one that is good for as long as the original owner has the car (SC05 I bellieve). I was able to call Tesla and get them to verify that I had type SC01. It didn't really increase the value of the car much to the buyer, but I think it helped close the deal.

Reactions: rush6410
I'm planning to sell my 2017 MX 75D with 25K miles as I'm eyeing a 2023 MX. The car was bought when they offered free unlimited
So you ordered it by January 2017 and took delivery by March 2017? It is only the very early 2017’s that have free supercharging that stays with the car. My late 2017 has free supercharging but it would not transfer to another owner.

Reactions: rush6410
Not sure how that would work (paying for the unlimited supercharging). I think there were 2 types of unlimited sold - 1 that was free for the life of the car (SC01) and one that is good for as long as the original owner has the car (SC05 I bellieve). I was able to call Tesla and get them to verify that I had type SC01. It didn't really increase the value of the car much to the buyer, but I think it helped close the deal.
Thanks. I had planned to check.

Make sure to transfer ownership of the vehicle directly to the buyer since it saves some headaches for them. Otherwise, they have to upload a bill of sale, driver's license, etc. to Tesla in order to get the vehicle added to their account. If you transfer it to them directly it's a lot faster.

UFSC is only a value if you use it a frequently as in you don't have charging at home. I learned the dumb way, you never really use the SC when at home.

I.e. it costs about $20 a use for a super charger when on a road trip. So you can calculate the value based on the use projected use.

I came to the same conclusion. I used the superchargers only on road trips and those were infrequent enough to not get supercharge credit when I bought the car (for another $3000). By having the option to use other superchargers (with the adapter), I would be more comfortable on those long trips.

I'm planning to sell my 2017 MX 75D with 25K miles as I'm eyeing a 2023 MX. The car was bought when they offered free unlimited supercharging and I paid for and qualified for the FSD beta. I installed a plastic mat for the cargo area which stays with the car. It also has the tow package and the extra trailer-hitch connectors and the case of recharge adapters (which I never used). I also upgraded the car to reenable the FM radio. It also includes the connectivity package which means I don't pay a monthly fee for navigation and streaming.

First, I understand that those benefit packages stay with the car which should add to its value. Is this true?

What other advice can the community offer to help expedite the sale and make the buyer comfortable with the car? I plan to offer an accompanied test drive.

Thanks in advance.
I have experience in both unlimited supercharging options in private party sales.
I bought a 2016 MX that was verified SC01 and the unlimited supercharging had transferred to me. This is through private party sales only. My wife on the other hand bought a 2017 MX that had unlimited supercharging. Verified on the sellers Tesla app. yet that person purchased this option when offered at original purchase. when we had transferred the car into my wife's account the unlimited supercharging was removed. On a positive note, both MXs the unlimited connectivity and Enhanced Autopilot did stay with the car. Hope this helps.