TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Private Registrations

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by an2ony, Dec 26, 2016.

1. an2ony

an2ony Member

Here in the UK it costs a considerable amount to purchase a Private Numberplate or a Cherished Registration, I guess in the US its much easier and not as expensive.

I have seen at the supercharger stations a few cars with registrations like P85 LDC and T35 SLA, I wondered for the people who have private registrations on their Teslas, what do you have and what does the registration mean?

Ill start, my registration is A20NYY with my name being Anthony, I often use an2ony as an abbreviated log in or e-mail name, so for my car I was able to purchase A20NYY.

2. Tanflado

Tanflado Member

Hi Anthony,

How bizarre you should post this thread , I have literally (10mins ago) just purchase TA17NNY from the DVLA website for my "in production " Model X which I am hopeful for a March 1st delivery .

My nickname is TANNY.

Ps great reg by the way!

• Like x 1
  3. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

In California you can have "Special Interest" plates for everything from the combat wounded to environmental causes, and then the normal sequential number or a personalized plate. The additional cost is in the range of $40-$100/yr.

Mine are NU MORNG, the name of my last two boats, from the Bob Dylan song - New Morning.