Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Private Seller Auto Finance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I’m trying to buy a 2010 roadster
Sport. I didn’t realize that no one
Wants to finance a private seller
Transaction. Does anyone have any
Experience with financing , this way.
If the car was at a dealership it would be all set.

I used PenFed for a private transaction with the seller in California, I am in New York.

They did a great job walking me through the process. I used FedEx to send the important documents and checks to the seller and used Plycar to ship the Roadster. There is a lot of trust involved in a private party sale so be sure the seller is legit.

If you own a home you might consider a home equity loan or line of credit and using the funds to purchase a car

There are several lenders that do the whole process online and some will wave most or all of the fees.

Interest rates are very low right now but of course you have to accept the risk that your house is now collateral for your car.

Prob Today's Roadster Orphan

Amazing deal; CF Hard top prob $5k alone; Car cover, JR and SR Cans at $500-600 each, Double Din CF Radio, ALL Carbon Fiber package $7k, second set of 4 black forged sport wheels and tires prob $2k-3k; all the extra goodies that came with the car, and two of the Titaniumdaves upgraded rotors which cost $1,000 can't pass on this one. Best price on the market currently. :cool::eek:

If it were me I'd sell all the goodies with the car and recoup $10k and get the car for $52k; I took my top off the day I received my car and never put it back on since. lol

Last edited:
Thank you all for your input, a credit union has financed the Roadster, we should be all set !!

Congrats on finding financing for your Roadster ! My NSX was already 17 years old when I bought it and due to its age, banks and credit unions wouldn't finance it. I searched Collector Car Loans and went through Woodside Credit Collector Car Financing. They are endorsed by and attend Barrett-Jackson auctions. The rates were actually competitive with the credit unions at the time and the loan process was quick and easy. Just another financing option for future reference....

• Informative
Reactions: drewski
2010 Very Orange Sport #619
Gorgeous sled! Congrats again @Lou B! Now you just need to update your avatar accordingly ;)

Today's Roadster Orphan

2010_tesla_roadster_sport_rwd-pic-12696474195074493472-1024x768-jpeg.516662

Reactions: ra88it and drewski