Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Privately funded CHAdeMO anyone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing you meant CHAdeMO. :)

Not sure if you're aware of the costs, but I'd imagine the installation and hardware costs would be about as high as in the US.

I started Chevy Spark EV Forum • View topic - installation + ongoing costs for public L2 & DC FC stations long ago. The RMI link is dead but there's a copy at Pulling Back the Veil on EV Charging Station Costs.

Nissan was installing $15.5K USD Nissan Quick Charger - CHAdeMO DC Fast Charging for Electric Vehicles at dealers. I presume the $49K figure I cited there included the $15.5K charger itself.

Tritium quoted an Australian price of $30k - then you've got to install it.
The current (haha) CHAdeMO adapter gives approx 200 km/hr charge rate and a Tesla
three phase charger on a dual charger Model S gives 110 km/hr for very little cost.
Ya gota be in a big hurry to spring for the CHAdeMO.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Let's say you have land for a 50kW PV array using 250W modules this would be a 10S 20P array. Control if no batteries would be to drop off parallel strings until charged. I dont know how the control strategy works with these Chademo DC controllers. Does anyone? when not in use we cannot export to the grid as it is a SLER system limited to about 20A max. A mains powered Chademo is impossible need three phase. SWER is single line earth return. S is series P is parallel.