TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Pro Detailers and Weekend Hacks - Help!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Struja, Sep 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Struja

Struja Struja

Hey all.

Wanted some advice on how to deal with some tree sap on I got on my Sunroof and the glass part that doesn't open.

Not sure of the kind of tree but needless to say I have about 10 spots of sap on the roof.

Here is what I tried...

I first washed it with a high quality mitt and I used Meguiars Gold Glass in warm water. Got some of the very heavy stuff off but still a lot left over.

Went to a claybar and lube and got more off but there still is noticeable "dots" of where the sap fell or maybe "rings" might be a better word to describe.

I am going out right now to try Dawn and some warm water, failing which I have a few options...

I have DA polisher and I was thinking Meguiars D300 and a micro fiber pad but I was worried I might ruin the glass roof, so before I got to aggressive, I thought I'd solicit some opinions.

Any thoughts???

2. mazeminder

mazeminder Member

This happened on my old car. Rubbing alcohol got rid of it

• Helpful x 1
  3. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

If it is on the glass only, Goo-B-Gone

• Helpful x 1
  4. Struja

Struja Struja

No issues with the glass roof with either product?

5. Struja

Struja Struja

Found some hand sanitizer lying around. Gave it a shot. Worked perfect!

Thx.

6. arcus

arcus Member

I was to say, hand or dish soap does the trick as well. Glad you got rid of it.

• Like x 1