Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Probability distribution of objects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Buckminster

Aug 29, 2018
UK

Guessing:

Kerb made up of a line of disjointed dots - lets say 5 pixels wide

Kerb made up of a smooth line maybe 50 pixels wide. Translucent at edge becoming opaque at the centre where there is a ~75%+ probability that the kerb is correctly represented at that position.
Obscured kerbs remain translucent as there is insufficient data to be confident.

Thoughts?

Guessing:

Kerb made up of a line of disjointed dots - lets say 5 pixels wide

Kerb made up of a smooth line maybe 50 pixels wide. Translucent at edge becoming opaque at the centre where there is a ~75%+ probability that the kerb is correctly represented at that position.
Obscured kerbs remain translucent as there is insufficient data to be confident.

Thoughts?

That could be one thing.

I think it could also mean showing the paths that the NN thinks other objects will follow. For example, showing probable paths for other vehicles, pedestrians etc...

It should be noted that while it will be cool to see, it will probably clutter the screen. It's really meant as a developer tool. It's not really something that is meant for the end user to see.

Reactions: Buckminster
I think it could also mean showing the paths that the NN thinks other objects will follow. For example, showing probable paths for other vehicles, pedestrians etc...

It should be noted that while it will be cool to see, it will probably clutter the screen. It's really meant as a developer tool. It's not really something that is meant for the end user to see.

I hope they have put more work into the AI than the UI. All of the issues with FSD beta are either data deficiency from sensors or path planning/decision making. Pretty and cool are nice things to have too.