Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Probing interest in obd2 cable group buy

Interested in ordering?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm afraid that is not currently possible because battery temperature data is not exposed in the API which the Tesla App, or any 3rd party applications use to get data. I've thoroughly worked with the tesla API as I've built my own JS service to log data from the car as it gives me more flexibility to get the data I want instead of relying on 3rd party apps.

The only way to get CANBUS info (battery temperature, stator temperature, motor current draw, etc) would be to use the OBDII adapter.

I believe there is an OBD2 app for ios called TM-SPY (it's just not as good as scan my tesla). Also I believe the developer of scan my tesla might have an ios version in beta that is not released yet. Not all OBD2 adapters are compatible with iOS devices though, but at least one is.

Edit: Looks like TM-SPY is also in ALPHA/BETA for ios... oops!

Not yet. Today got a bit busy. There are currently only 2 of us and was planning to do so today. If you are good with picking up from me either in Burlington or Mississauga near qew and Winston Churchill I'll add one for you. Just pm me the model year as 2019 needs a different adaptor.

Edit: just noticed your sig. Your vin is low so you would have a 2018 like mine. So I'll order the 2018 for you if you are still in.

Thanks, I got excited and ordered over lunch, realized you’re on the west end so is a hike for me and worth the shipping anyways Thanks though!