Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem after 2 days of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, it's my first time here and my first time with a tesla.
My tesla was delivery just a 2 days ago, and yesterday when I made a first update I received some errors in my display, then, unfortunately I can't drive the car.
I spoke with a lot of tesla's owners, and we tried a lot thinks to solve the problens (like reset via wheel, battery reset, etc), but nothing productive so far.
I opened a ticket with tesla, and yesterday they tried to resend the update, but it didn't work.
I entered in service mode, than I can show the errors with you.
Image.jpeg

Image-1.jpeg

As you can see, I have 5 errors:

GTW_w054
GTW_w020
GTW_w244
VCFRONT_a172
VCFRONT_a171

My 12v battery is good (15,5v), and car is brand new, with just 25 miles.

My question is: Has anyone ever seen something like this? I've searched a lot but haven't found anything so far.
I have a option to restore software via service mode, but, I'm afraid.

Thank you!!!

Since this is a brand new car, you need to get tesla to fix it. It appears to me that the error messages state that parts of the car on on different firmware versions, like what happens when someone tries changing the charge port and has to get it re flashed, etc.

If you did nothing at all yourself (didnt try to side load any software or hardware, install any parts etc), and this is a brand new car, you should have no issues getting tesla to fix it. With that being said, its somewhat rare (ok more than somewhat rare) for a "brand new owner who took delivery a couple of days ago" to both know what "Service mode" is, and be in there for any reason.

This means to me that either this isnt your first tesla, or you were installing something, etc.

Upvote 0
Never seen anything like this, Tesla's update progress seems to be fairly rock solid. Assuming nothing was modified in the car and nothing weird was done while it was updating, I agree this is Tesla's problem. If they can't fix it remotely, they need to either do Mobile Service or you would request roadside assistance to tow it to them to fix.

I notice you put your location as Brasil however, so not sure how it works in your country.

Also although you imply it, just to make sure when you say "delivery" you mean this is a brand new car from Tesla right? Not a used or demo car that is new to you?

Upvote 0
Since this is a brand new car, you need to get tesla to fix it. It appears to me that the error messages state that parts of the car on on different firmware versions, like what happens when someone tries changing the charge port and has to get it re flashed, etc.

If you did nothing at all yourself (didnt try to side load any software or hardware, install any parts etc), and this is a brand new car, you should have no issues getting tesla to fix it. With that being said, its somewhat rare (ok more than somewhat rare) for a "brand new owner who took delivery a couple of days ago" to both know what "Service mode" is, and be in there for any reason.

This means to me that either this isnt your first tesla, or you were installing something, etc.
Yes, Internet is here to help us, I'm 2 days trying to solve this problem alone with the internet help, for this, I learned about the service mode =)

Upvote 0
Yes, Internet is here to help us, I'm 2 days trying to solve this problem alone with the internet help, for this, I learned about the service mode =)

If its a brand new car (not salvage, not "new to you but used"), you shouldnt be poking around in there (imo). As long as this is a brand new car, and you were not installing something / taking something apart, then you should be able to get it fixed.

Upvote 0
Never seen anything like this, Tesla's update progress seems to be fairly rock solid. Assuming nothing was modified in the car and nothing weird was done while it was updating, I agree this is Tesla's problem. If they can't fix it remotely, they need to either do Mobile Service or you would request roadside assistance to tow it to them to fix.

I notice you put your location as Brasil however, so not sure how it works in your country.

Also although you imply it, just to make sure when you say "delivery" you mean this is a brand new car from Tesla right? Not a used or demo car that is new to you?
Yes, I'm from Brazil, and here unfortunately we don't have a tesla store and direct salles for exemple. I buy this car via import, and yes, is a brand new car, model 3 long range 2022. The import company that contacted tesla, opening the ticket and requesting support. But I would like, if possible, for myself to be able to do something myself, you know?

Upvote 0
If its a brand new car (not salvage, not "new to you but used"), you shouldnt be poking around in there (imo). As long as this is a brand new car, and you were not installing something / taking something apart, then you should be able to get it fixed.
For sure, but imagine, you buy a car, wait for months, it arrives, you upgrade and you can't use it? Are you going to be stuck waiting for someone to sort it out for you? I'm just trying to solve this problem asap. Because maybe it's something simple, an update failure, something that someone might have gone through and fixed it with a restore, something like that.

Upvote 0
For sure, but imagine, you buy a car, wait for months, it arrives, you upgrade and you can't use it? Are you going to be stuck waiting for someone to sort it out for you? I'm just trying to solve this problem asap. Because maybe it's something simple, an update failure, something that someone might have gone through and fixed it with a restore, something like that.

I have seen a rise in posts about people with hardware issues in new teslas. Since you imported the car, it makes sense why you would be trying to fix it yourself as your support options are going to be limited.

Wishing you the best in getting int sorted out.

Upvote 0
I have seen a rise in posts about people with hardware issues in new teslas. Since you imported the car, it makes sense why you would be trying to fix it yourself as your support options are going to be limited.

Wishing you the best in getting int sorted out.
Yes, I don't have a tesla store here in my country for example, a better choice is a solve this myself, or, wait for service center to check remotely, as the team tried yesterday, sending a update..

Thank you 🙌🙌

Upvote 0
Yes, I don't have a tesla store here in my country for example, a better choice is a solve this myself, or, wait for service center to check remotely, as the team tried yesterday, sending a update..

Thank you 🙌🙌

Let us know how it comes out. Also, on a side note, I have a lot of respect for people who are willing to import these cars into a place where there is limited support. My own risk tolerance is not that high, so I wouldnt do it, but I am aware of how much of a "trailblazing" type of thing this is.

Really hope you get it sorted out

Upvote 0
Yes, I'm from Brazil, and here unfortunately we don't have a tesla store and direct salles for exemple. I buy this car via import, and yes, is a brand new car, model 3 long range 2022. The import company that contacted tesla, opening the ticket and requesting support. But I would like, if possible, for myself to be able to do something myself, you know?
Have you tried tweeting @Elon?

Upvote 0
Let us know how it comes out. Also, on a side note, I have a lot of respect for people who are willing to import these cars into a place where there is limited support. My own risk tolerance is not that high, so I wouldnt do it, but I am aware of how much of a "trailblazing" type of thing this is.

Really hope you get it sorted out
I love tecnology, I have a Porsches and others good cars, than now I bought a tesla to test, but in my country electrical cars and this thinks are new, difference than your country. I hope to bring good news soon, tnks

Upvote 0