Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem after 2 days of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, it's my first time here and my first time with a tesla.
My tesla was delivery just a 2 days ago, and yesterday when I made a first update I received some errors in my display, then, unfortunately I can't drive the car.
I spoke with a lot of tesla's owners, and we tried a lot thinks to solve the problens (like reset via wheel, battery reset, etc), but nothing productive so far.
I opened a ticket with tesla, and yesterday they tried to resend the update, but it didn't work.
I entered in service mode, than I can show the errors with you.
Image.jpeg

Image-1.jpeg

As you can see, I have 5 errors:

GTW_w054
GTW_w020
GTW_w244
VCFRONT_a172
VCFRONT_a171

My 12v battery is good (15,5v), and car is brand new, with just 25 miles.

My question is: Has anyone ever seen something like this? I've searched a lot but haven't found anything so far.
I have a option to restore software via service mode, but, I'm afraid.

Thank you!!!

You mentioned the car is imported to Brasil, do you mean it's a US Tesla that intends to be used in the US but you imported it to Brasil? Does Tesla SC in Brasil aware of this? I suspect there is some firmware incompatibility between 3 that is destined for export to Brasil and 3 that is meant for US use, and since you are in Brasil, the update may push the Brazilian firmware version, and therefore the incompatibility. Just guessing here, you may have to take it to the SC for deeper diagnostics.

Upvote 0
You mentioned the car is imported to Brasil, do you mean it's a US Tesla that intends to be used in the US but you imported it to Brasil? Does Tesla SC in Brasil aware of this? I suspect there is some firmware incompatibility between 3 that is destined for export to Brasil and 3 that is meant for US use, and since you are in Brasil, the update may push the Brazilian firmware version, and therefore the incompatibility. Just guessing here, you may have to take it to the SC for deeper diagnostics.
We dont have Tesla in Brazil, but the Tesla company allows exporting to other countries where it does not operate yet, bcz for this, we have more than 1000 Tesla's here in my country (Brazil), also, more than 10000 in Latin America, also where Tesla does not operate. The car left the factory in my name, with my data from Brazil, so there's no problem with that.

Upvote 0
Looks like the software update for some reason isn't updating certain modules. Sorry about your problems, this looks difficult to remedy without a service center! You've already reinstalled the software and the same error continues to pop up?
Yes, I think so too, because such errors appeared right after the first system update, in first time the Tesla team sent the update twice, but the errors continued. Yesterday the system gave me another more recent update, but unfortunately the errors continues to pop up. I tried to search for some factory reset, but I didn't find anything, maybe if I had some way to reset the system and go back to the factory version it could solve it, but I don't know. Now, I'm still waiting for Tesla service.

Upvote 0
I've never heard of a Tesla receiving an update 2 days after delivery, usually they keep the factory firmware for several weeks. I'd guess that your car was marked as "delivered" many weeks ago in some other country so it was cleared for its first update by the time you received it.

Perhaps some portions of your update package were configured for the country in which the update request was originally initiated while other portions were configured for your current country. Maybe Tesla service can force the firmware to redeploy again, but configured for the previous country (since Brazil is not a supported option)? Then hopefully with all the modules in sync, your next update will remain in sync since it will be requested and delivered within the same country.

Or perhaps you could even trick it by configuring your router to use a proxy in the other country so that when Tesla forces a generic re-deploy their system will find your car in that country instead and configure accordingly.

Upvote 0
I've never heard of a Tesla receiving an update 2 days after delivery, usually they keep the factory firmware for several weeks. I'd guess that your car was marked as "delivered" many weeks ago in some other country so it was cleared for its first update by the time you received it.

Perhaps some portions of your update package were configured for the country in which the update request was originally initiated while other portions were configured for your current country. Maybe Tesla service can force the firmware to redeploy again, but configured for the previous country (since Brazil is not a supported option)? Then hopefully with all the modules in sync, your next update will remain in sync since it will be requested and delivered within the same country.

Or perhaps you could even trick it by configuring your router to use a proxy in the other country so that when Tesla forces a generic re-deploy their system will find your car in that country instead and configure accordingly.
Yeah! Your post makes a lot of sense, because this car was already produced in the United States when I had the intention of buying it. However, as soon as it arrived for me I connected the internet and had this update, as soon as it installed the errors appeared.

It's strange because we already have more than 200 Tesla's licensed in my country, all models. I spoke with many owners (we have a group on Whatsapp with all the owners and mechanics specializing in electric cars here in Brazil) and no one has ever seen anything like this, I think it was really my bad luck in this moment. But I'll wait this week and see what Tesla support says about it, I just sent your message to the people in Miami (who did the process for me and are also checking the case) because your idea makes a lot os sense.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, it's my first time here and my first time with a tesla.
My tesla was delivery just a 2 days ago, and yesterday when I made a first update I received some errors in my display, then, unfortunately I can't drive the car.
I spoke with a lot of tesla's owners, and we tried a lot thinks to solve the problens (like reset via wheel, battery reset, etc), but nothing productive so far.
I opened a ticket with tesla, and yesterday they tried to resend the update, but it didn't work.
I entered in service mode, than I can show the errors with you.View attachment 848026
View attachment 848027

As you can see, I have 5 errors:

GTW_w054
GTW_w020
GTW_w244
VCFRONT_a172
VCFRONT_a171

My 12v battery is good (15,5v), and car is brand new, with just 25 miles.

My question is: Has anyone ever seen something like this? I've searched a lot but haven't found anything so far.
I have a option to restore software via service mode, but, I'm afraid.

Thank you!!!
Hi, did you ever figure out why you got those errors? I have the same ones

GTW_w054
GTW_w020
GTW_w244
VCFRONT_a172
VCFRONT_a171

Upvote 0