Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem/Bug Reporting: Making It Official

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we know that Tesla does a pretty good job of watching these forums, but it seems to me we should collectively lobby for Tesla to set up some sort of official problem tracking mechanism. Now, I'm not talking about things that should be reported to service (e.g., the suspension issues), but rather annoyances that happen with each build. A perfect example is the odd behavior of the auto-dimming that seems to be happening with 4.4 for some people. It seems like even just a specific section of the official (teslamotors.com) forum where people can start a new thread for a new problem but that is known to be monitored would be ideal for this (REALLY ideal would be if Tesla could be somewhat interactive and ask for additional information...). Do others agree, or am I being whiny here? If you agree, what's the right approach for trying to get this done?

...and any Service Center can open a case file or add to an existing one. Ownership/Engineering gets alerted and in many ways it's better that a Service Tech or Manager gets to describe the problem to the engineers instead of us amateurs trying to describe it.

...and any Service Center can open a case file or add to an existing one. Ownership/Engineering gets alerted and in many ways it's better that a Service Tech or Manager gets to describe the problem to the engineers instead of us amateurs trying to describe it.

Sure, but it seems for silly little things (like the auto-dimming example) could be better addressed via an online mechanism that doesn't clog up the usual channels and that could be more easily managed by the community (in terms of identifying like issues and in terms of figuring out what's a common problem versus one person's issue. It's just a thought, but it just feels like you can't go into the service center and say "well seven other people have similar problems, so you should look into that..."

I'm a professional at reporting software bugs. I do not trust that my detailed reports on some of the bugs got passed to engineers. They certainly haven't been fixed.