Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem charging at ChargeFox - session will not start

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, does anyone know the new process to get a Tesla to charge at a ChargeFox station? I sometimes use the fast charger at the Gold Coast Airport Australia (Electric Highway, yurika type) using my CHAdeMO adapter. Prior to 1 July, no ChargeFox account was required and you could just plug in and it would start charging. Since July 2, they have required a ChargeFox account and the app, which I have. However, no matter which combination of methods I use, I cannot start the session. i.e. connecting the adapter, then plugging that into the car, then touching my phone with NFC on the yurika station (or any other permutation like this). Doing these things results in the station starting up for 1 second, making a beep noise and then the light on the station for "put the cable back into the station" showing up.
The only way I can currently get it to start is to call the ChargeFox help desk, who usually pick up within 2 minutes, tell them of the issue, give them my account and station ID, then they start the session from their end (when I am plugged in) and it works fine. I have logged a query via their call centre 4 weeks ago and their online Contact Form 2 weeks ago but have heard nothing back.
Am I doing something wrong or have Chargefox not yet properly tested the use of CHAdeMO adapters on these (DC?) stations? It would appear that their app/software is blocking the starting of the session.
They have checked my ChargeFox account and cannot fault it. Has anyone had any success recently charging from these stations and do you have a step by step process that worked for you? I have tried to follow the process indicated by the lights on the station but the same issue arises. I can see one other user on PlugShare as charged since 1 July, but that state ChargeFox had to star the session too (I assume manually from their remote Sydney help desk).
Any assistance would be much appreciated!
BenX

Hi. Chargefox didn't get back to me but another Tesla Driver who used the same station gave me a hint and that worked. The solution is to first go into the Chargefox app and open the right port. When I open the app and station at the address, it shows Port A and Port B, however these are for the station on the right, not the one I was trying to use. Once I scrolled down, I noticed the correct station number (4106) and its Port A and Port B. I unlocked Port A and connected and it all worked. Ideally Chargefox should change their screen layout so it lists all Station IDs, then when the user clicks on these, reveal the two ports, otherwise I fear others will have this same issue. Their call centre who also couldn't identify this issue, should also be trained on how to help car owners resolve this easy but tricky issue..

• Informative
Reactions: miimura and mociaf9
Hi. Chargefox didn't get back to me but another Tesla Driver who used the same station gave me a hint and that worked. The solution is to first go into the Chargefox app and open the right port. When I open the app and station at the address, it shows Port A and Port B, however these are for the station on the right, not the one I was trying to use. Once I scrolled down, I noticed the correct station number (4106) and its Port A and Port B. I unlocked Port A and connected and it all worked. Ideally Chargefox should change their screen layout so it lists all Station IDs, then when the user clicks on these, reveal the two ports, otherwise I fear others will have this same issue. Their call centre who also couldn't identify this issue, should also be trained on how to help car owners resolve this easy but tricky issue..
Sounds just as difficult as using a Tesla supercharger <g>.
Happy new year to y'all.