Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem navigating site on iOS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a problem navigating this site on my iPhone 6S (iOS 10.3.3). It has to do with the pull down menu in the below screenshot:

IMG_3612.PNG

When I try to tap "new posts", the Safari navigation controls pop up. This is standard behavior on iOS, but normally, the web page scrolls up so the spot the user tried to tap isn't covered up and can be tapped on the second try. However, on TMC, only the page behind the menu scrolls up, and the "new posts" links is completely obscured, rendering it untappable. This can be seen below:

IMG_3613.PNG

When I try to scroll the menu by dragging, the web page behind the menu scrolls instead. So there's really no way to get to the "new posts" link.

This is something only started happening in the last few weeks.

Please try closing the "Forums" accordion. It may not be an ideal solution but should give you access to the New Posts link.

Thanks, that works! It didn't occur to me that it could be collapsed.

Still, I think it's a bad design that the menu doesn't scroll. It actually happens in Firefox on my desktop, too. That is, the bottom of the menu is cut off, and scrolling only affects the page behind the menu.