TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Problem: No Audio at all

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by gopman, Jan 6, 2017.

1. gopman

gopman Member

I have an early 2016 MS with the standard audio package. As of yesterday morning, with no warning at all, I have no audio of any kind in the car. All user interfaces appear normal but there is no actual audio from the audio system or the car itself (e.g.no turn signal clicks, no seatbelt warning sounds).

I guess fuses would be the first thing to check. Are they labelled?

Any other suggestions?

Complete disclosure: When I first got the car, I added an aftermarket subwoofer which gets audio from the front right and front left speakers.

Thanks.

Rich

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

Reboot yet??

3. gopman

gopman Member

I did the two upper button reset and the two middle button resets. Multiple times. No change.

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

...maybe you did blow a fuse if the aftermarket subwoofer is getting power from the Tesla audio fuse.

5. MS_Dream

MS_Dream Member

This happened to me earlier this week, no audio and no turn signal clicking. The screen reset fixed it.

6. gopman

gopman Member

I checked the fuses. I have the standard audio, so I checked that fuse (F218) - it was OK. My aftermarket subwoofer is powered off of the premium audio fuse (F217 - presumably not used for anything in my car). It was OK also.

So, I guess it's time to call service...

Rich

7. NuG

NuG Member

Same thing happened to me yesterday and I also have an aftermarket subwoofer. We will see what the service center says about the issue and aftermarket parts.

8. NuG

NuG Member

9. gopman

gopman Member

Thank you!

I ended up calling service and they walked me through resetting the equalizer to random values and doing multiple resets on the main panel and the dash.

Rich