Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem Setting Up Co-Registrant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered our second Tesla. The app tells me that registration is in progress, and "An email has been sent to your co-registrant for additional details."

My wife got the email, and when she clicks on the "COMPLETE REGISTRATION" button it takes her to the Tesla site. She logs on to our account, but when she clicks on "Manage" for the new car, it tells her to continue in the app.

Back in the app, there is no place for her to enter any information.

Anyone have this and solve it? Is there any way to contact someone to get this going?

Thanks.

We are having the same issue. co-registrant did not get an email from Tesla.
No helps from Tesla. Anyone has a solution?
yes open up an account at Tesla.com for the second registrant. Needs to be different email.
then download the Tesla app in the second registrant phone. Log in with second registrant login finish registration. I had to add drivers licence info and drivers license pics manually but then it shows as completed task. I did not have to do a selfie for the second registrar.

Last edited:
yes open up an account at Tesla.com for the second registrant. Needs to be different email.
then download the Tesla app in the second registrant phone. Log in with second registrant login finish registration. I had to add drivers licence info and drivers license pics manually but then it shows as completed task. I did not have to do a selfie for the second registrar.

Thanks, nickg_6. we were able to complete the registration. Our problem was we tried to do It in the co-registrant”s app But nothing is there in the App. it has to be done on the website , not the app. Thanks again.

Reactions: nickg_6
I was able to add Tesla through co-registrant’s online account but still the app doesn’t show the car under co registrant account. Will be picking up the car in 2 days. Do you think it will show up later after the delivery or should I contact customer service?

I was able to add Tesla through co-registrant’s online account but still the app doesn’t show the car under co registrant account. Will be picking up the car in 2 days. Do you think it will show up later after the delivery or should I contact customer service?
Im picking up my car in Saturday and have the same issue. Did it show up on delivery day or did you need to contact customer service?