TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Problem Solved: iPhone 6+ Bluetooth Audio disconnects in 5 seconds

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by lg_golfs, May 22, 2015.

1. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

Hey folks!

Title says it all. I could not find a thread using search, but, there is always a good chance I missed one and would appreciate being directed to it.

Picked the car up yesterday. I am able to pair the phone without issue, but, it is constantly dropping its connection. Mobile seems fine, but, any audio app I play from my iPhone (Pandora, Music, etc) stops playing after 5 seconds.

I did the troubleshooting they recommended all the way up to resetting the screen. I unlearned the phone and re-learned it. It did actually work for a song or two. Now, heading back to the car a few hours later it is at it again.

Anyone run into something like this and if you did, what was the fix?

Thanks!

Leslie

2. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

#2 lg_golfs, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    Ok! Between myself and Tesla service we figured it out. Just in case someone else bumps into a similar problem....

My Find what matters: Find your lost keys, wallet, or bag! was interfering with the Bluetooth connection to the Tesla. I removed the app (sadly removing the functionality of the Tile) and my Bluetooth is no longer dropping.

3. travwill

travwill Member

Makes sense. Those apps use low energy bluetooth 4 also, but does so in the background - perhaps you can request they change the app to only use BT when its in use (or the option).

4. hyperpretension

I was having the same problem with my Pebble watch. If I shut down the watch while driving, my iPhone 6 does not drop the connection.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I have a similar device from Protag on my keyfob since this is my first keyless vehicle. Both my phone and it beep when they are a certain distance apart, except when within range of my wifi network at home (leave the keys on the keychain).