Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with a Tsportline order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a set of wheels from Tsportline while waiting for my Model 3 arrival. As luck would have it, the car arrived before the rims & tires.

I reached out to them 3 days before the scheduled delivery date only to be told they’re non returnable because they’re “deemed used”. They can literally see they haven’t been delivered, and they sell them as a package.

I’d highly advise working with a more customer forward company. To claim the wheels used before deliver is unacceptable.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I ordered a set of wheels from Tsportline while waiting for my Model 3 arrival. As luck would have it, the car arrived before the rims & tires.

I reached out to them 3 days before the scheduled delivery date only to be told they’re non returnable because they’re “deemed used”. They can literally see they haven’t been delivered, and they sell them as a package.

I’d highly advise working with a more customer forward company. To claim the wheels used before deliver is unacceptable.

It appears that you joined here simply to post this (since this is your first post, on an account created today, and you had a much more inflammatory thread title).

I have no affiliation with them whatsoever, but if you had read the return policy that I was able to pull up directly on their website, it clearly states that wheel and tire packages are not returnable.

Its on the buyer to make sure the terms of the sale make sense to them, so this is on you for buying this product when the return policy did not meet what your expectations were. It was clearly spelled out, so it was not "sprung" on you (line 3 -- "wheel and tire packages are non-returnable and non refundable")

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 5.57.37 PM.png

The next thing people normally say is "well thats just bad XXXXX or YYYY", and my response is, "if the terms of the sale do not meet your expectations, you should not purchase." and " "these terms are spelled our directly on their website".

So, this is a you thing, not a them thing.

If wheels are considered used once tires are mounted (as stated in their policy..and due to the mounting process) then a wheel/tire package is non-refundable.

Plus can you imagine the cost associated with shipping wheels and tires back and forth because a customer changes their mind before the product arrives? If they took all of these back, they would have a ton of used wheel/tire/tpms combos sitting for a while. It would be a logistical nightmare and an unnecessary additional burden to the overhead cost. I have no affiliation with TSportline.

What does receiving the car early have to do with wheels that you ordered while waiting for the car?

Im not the OP (who likely did a drive by posting since they have not even logged back in to look at the thread they created, which is what I expected when I saw they created account, posted and logged off all inside of 9 minutes).

I am guessing its "I got the car sooner than I expected. I expected to get the wheels first and swap them when I got the car, so I could sell the OEM ones as brand new. Now, they will have some miles on them so are worth less".

Just a guess, though.

I personally am not much of a fan of "I didnt research this purchase, and now the person who sold it to me wont make an exception to their posted policies for me, so they are horrible to do business with."

There are plenty of reasons to be mad at a company, when they deviate from their stated policies etc. but in cases like these, its posted right there, and either the OP already knew this rule, or didnt take the time to look into it before they purchased. In neither of those cases is it the vendors fault the person did not know their policies on this.

I have no idea, but I suspect that this OP did, in fact know the rule but did not expect it to apply, or expected to get an exception, didnt, then is now doing the very "now" thing of trying to find a way to hurt / shame the company on social media.

Like I said a bit earlier, either they knew about the policy but didnt expect it to apply, or they didnt know about the policy and thus didnt research their wheel and tire purchase. Both of those are their fault, not the vendors.

Im not the OP (who likely did a drive by posting since they have not even logged back in to look at the thread they created, which is what I expected when I saw they created account, posted and logged off all inside of 9 minutes).

I am guessing its "I got the car sooner than I expected. I expected to get the wheels first and swap them when I got the car, so I could sell the OEM ones as brand new. Now, they will have some miles on them so are worth less".

Just a guess, though.

I personally am not much of a fan of "I didnt research this purchase, and now the person who sold it to me wont make an exception to their posted policies for me, so they are horrible to do business with."

There are plenty of reasons to be mad at a company, when they deviate from their stated policies etc. but in cases like these, its posted right there, and either the OP already knew this rule, or didnt take the time to look into it before they purchased. In neither of those cases is it the vendors fault the person did not know their policies on this.

I have no idea, but I suspect that this OP did, in fact know the rule but did not expect it to apply, or expected to get an exception, didnt, then is now doing the very "now" thing of trying to find a way to hurt / shame the company on social media.

Like I said a bit earlier, either they knew about the policy but didnt expect it to apply, or they didnt know about the policy and thus didnt research their wheel and tire purchase. Both of those are their fault, not the vendors.

Not only that but I know from experience that plenty of people return "unused" goods that were in fact used so a policy like this simply ensures that you don't have to go back and forth with customers and shipping charges, etc. I suppose they could take the wheels back with a restocking charge but at the end of the day it's their business to run as they see fit and if someone orders wheels and has a change of heart after they ship, they better take a good look at the return policy of the company before complaining.

Not so much, gang. I reached out 3 days before the wheels arrived asking to cancel.

They told me they’re used, since they’re mounted.

I received 3 on a Thursday and the forth that Friday. The 4th has a noticeable run in the paint.

While I can handle feedback, the purpose of a forum is to discuss things. I’m simply discussing my lack of pleasure in working with this company, and the product being inferior. I hope that helps future buyers make better decisions.

I remain unhappy with this company, and would not recommend them.

Attachments

• 961BC142-93F3-4D8A-9249-998FB5D438C2.jpeg
    961BC142-93F3-4D8A-9249-998FB5D438C2.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: FlatSix911
tsportline is a major company for tesla stuff, i've got my rims from there as have many others. my rims were delayed for months past the anticipated delay (with all the pandemic issues and such) but they were honestly quite friendly and apologetic.

I was told no, and that they’d apply a restocking fee.

so they said no to you paying for returns, then yes, but at a fee? which one is it?

sorry but this one is on you for not being absolutely sure before making such a large and expensive purchase. although, they should offer to replace or repaint that one wheel, imo.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I’m glad you had a better experience then I did.

I’m unhappy with their customer service, and the quality of the product received. For the money spent, I expected a better experience and end result. I now own wheels I don’t want, and one with a paint run in it which will greatly decrease the value should I re-sell them.

Not only that but I know from experience that plenty of people return "unused" goods that were in fact used so a policy like this simply ensures that you don't have to go back and forth with customers and shipping charges, etc. I suppose they could take the wheels back with a restocking charge but at the end of the day it's their business to run as they see fit and if someone orders wheels and has a change of heart after they ship, they better take a good look at the return policy of the company before complaining.
I appreciate your thoughts, however in this case the goods were never received so all parties knew they couldn’t possibly be “unused” /used as you stated.

I’m sorry you’ve never ordered something and then had a change of heart. If you do, I hope the company you work with is more understanding.

It appears that you joined here simply to post this (since this is your first post, on an account created today, and you had a much more inflammatory thread title).

I have no affiliation with them whatsoever, but if you had read the return policy that I was able to pull up directly on their website, it clearly states that wheel and tire packages are not returnable.

Its on the buyer to make sure the terms of the sale make sense to them, so this is on you for buying this product when the return policy did not meet what your expectations were. It was clearly spelled out, so it was not "sprung" on you (line 3 -- "wheel and tire packages are non-returnable and non refundable")

View attachment 802767

The next thing people normally say is "well thats just bad XXXXX or YYYY", and my response is, "if the terms of the sale do not meet your expectations, you should not purchase." and " "these terms are spelled our directly on their website".

So, this is a you thing, not a them thing.
Thanks for your thoughts.

When making a purchase of $4,000+, you’d think a company would be more understanding. The company could see as well as I that they were schedulers to deliver 3 days from the initial inquiry. A simple “if you ship them back, we will refund cost” seems feasible. However, they told me they're used the moment they leave.

What makes matters worse, is 3 arrived (later than expected. I under stand shipping delays so I didn’t mention it, and the forth the following day). The forth has a bad run in the paint.

It’s my opinion of their service and quality of good, and I rank it poor. That’s what a forum is for.

I’m glad you had a better experience then I did.

I’m unhappy with their customer service, and the quality of the product received. For the money spent, I expected a better experience and end result. I now own wheels I don’t want, and one with a paint run in it which will greatly decrease the value should I re-sell them.

Have you asked to have the wheel with the "paint run" replaced?

I’m sorry you’ve never ordered something and then had a change of heart. If you do, I hope the company you work with is more understanding.
Everyone is different I guess. I'm not overly casual with my money so if I choose to spend $4k on goods, I make sure it's on something that I'm committed to and not something where I'm going to have a change or heart before I even receive the goods. At the very least send them photos of the wheel with the paint run and have them resolve that.

Reactions: DasTasla
A simple “if you ship them back, we will refund cost” seems feasible. However, they told me they're used the moment they leave.

As @jjrandorin pointed out already, their refusal to refund you aligns with their Return Policy;

Wheel & Tire Packages: Are non-returnable and non-refundable.

I would definitely ask for a replacement (or compensation) for the wheel with the paint issue, though, and then your best bet would be to sell the wheels/tires privately.

I had their "Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Executive Trunk Spoiler" on order (since early January), but due to supply chain delays, the arrival date kept getting pushed further back. I e-mailed them to cancel my order (as I no longer wanted to wait), and I received a full refund a few days later.

Not so much, gang. I reached out 3 days before the wheels arrived asking to cancel.

They told me they’re used, since they’re mounted.

I received 3 on a Thursday and the forth that Friday. The 4th has a noticeable run in the paint.

While I can handle feedback, the purpose of a forum is to discuss things. I’m simply discussing my lack of pleasure in working with this company, and the product being inferior. I hope that helps future buyers make better decisions.

I remain unhappy with this company, and would not recommend them.
hey fellow ohio tesla person! i'm guessing they're claiming they're "used" because once they're put together as a package, the mfg/distributor of the wheels and tires probably won't take them back and the retail facing distributor probably doesnt want to keep any inventory. that all said, i'd definitely make them address the paint run issue. if they offer you a partial refund or something and you're still looking to get rid of the wheels/tires at a discount, let me know! i'm probably not that far from you (I'm in pepper pike). hope you get some satisfactory resolution in any case!

ChardonT,

We understand customers sometimes change their minds after ordering. It rarely happens, but when it does we’re happy to accommodate however we can. If a customer calls to cancel before we’re processed the order, it is easy for us to offer a full refund.

However, once the order is processed and shipped, it’s not possible for us to dismount the tires and return the tires to the distributor – once we mount the tires, our distributor considers them used and they are not returnable to our distributor, thus our policy. Not to mention the real costs we’ve sunk in the order, to order tires, mount, balance, and ship the order.

To be clear, you emailed to cancel (May 10th) after the order was processed and while it was already in transit and due to be delivered the next day (May 11th). I double-checked your email from May 10th, you even said “It’s scheduled to arrive tomorrow”.

Although our policy states that we do not accept returns for wheel & tire assemblies, we still made the effort to help you and offered to make an exception for you. We offered to accept a return with you being responsible for shipping costs plus a restocking (aka dismount and tire write-down) fee.

Unrelated to the original cancel request, a few days later you emailed us to notify one wheel has a paint finish blemish. No further questions asked, we offered to send you a replacement wheel free of charge and a return label for the blem wheel plus pay a refund for your re-mounting and balancing costs. You declined the offer.

That said, if you’ve now changed your mind and would like to swap out the 1 wheel, we would be happy to take care of that for you as we originally offered and have it sent out immediately. We are always here to help our customers as best as we can and sincerely hope we can help make this a pleasant experience after all.

It is unfortunate this experience wasn’t to your liking. We have attempted to be fair and reasonable and make exceptions for you. Despite your various online posts attempting to smear us, we’re still happy to help you as offered and try and make this better for you.

Best regards,

T Sportline Customer Service