Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before the last update in the app I was able to change what option I wanted to use under "Customize" (Backup-only, Self-Powered, Advanced) & the change would take effect immediately. Now when I make a change it takes a long time to occur. Today going from Backup only to Self-Powered took 30 minutes which ran into the time where my higher energy costs take effect. It's getting to the point where I am afraid to switch from one to another as I don't know if I will be able to switch back. Anyone else having this problem since the app has been updated to version 21.20.6

How is your gateway connected (wired with ethernet or wifi?). My changes have always happened almost immediately, but I wired my gateway with ethernet. I remember reading that people on wifi were sometimes having a lag in sync time for this.

If you can possibly hard wire it (ethernet) try that. I have read several reports of wifi sometimes lagging on setting swaps, as I mentioned. Mine changes almost instantly (within 30 seconds or so), and has since install but I have it wired with ethernet.

The gateway 1 definitely had reports of "weak" wifi connectivity. Not sure about gateway 2.