TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Problem with copying text from posts

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by GSP, Mar 7, 2015.

1. GSP

GSP Member

I tried to copy an adress in a post in older to paste it into google maps. The ability to select text on my iPad is not there, I can just magnify it instead. If I cannot select I cannot copy.

I don't know if this is a problem with my iPad, or something that changed at TMC. It certainly is a capability that I like to have.

GSP

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

Have no problem copying text on my iPad Air 2, either in Safari or TapaTalk. You do need to copy the text before you start replying to a message.

3. swaltner

swaltner Member

@GSP, what app are you using to read TMC posts? When using Tapatalk Pro, I'm unable to copy text in the normal forum view. If I load a post in Tapatalk using Web View or jump over to Safari, I can select and copy text. Just wondering if you're running into limitations of Tapatalk....

4. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Same issue here. While reading posts Tapatalk does not let you select text.

But when writing in edit mode, I can.

Dumb as a dodo.

5. GSP

GSP Member

Thanks for the help.

I am using Safari on my iPad. It is working fine now, so I suspect it is something on my device (or its operator!) that caused it.

GSP