Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the dashcam/sentry keep disappearing/appearing at random so I booked a service call. They accessed the car remotely then told me it was known fault that the USB socket didn't always talk to the car and software update 2021.4.10 would specifically sort it. I'm on 2021.4.6 There was no idea when .10 would be released.
I can say that .10 hasn't fixed the issue I still have it.

I bet if you fitted an SSD or even an Endurance SD card (with a suitable adapter) the problem would go away. I don't think the USB flash drives that Tesla supply (rebranded Samsung ones) are the right tool for the job, personally.

Reactions: Adopado
I bet if you fitted an SSD or even an Endurance SD card (with a suitable adapter) the problem would go away. I don't think the USB flash drives that Tesla supply (rebranded Samsung ones) are the right tool for the job, personally.

Exactly this, I replaced the factory supplied USB with a SanDisk Endurance MicroSD and USB MicroSD card reader about 3 weeks ago and the Dashcam works all the time now. Previously the Tesla USB stick would work about half the time. I'm certain that its has got nothing to do with software version or the USB port in the glovebox, but that the Tesla supplied USB sticks are not fit for purpose!

Replaced my default Tesla USB today with Sandisk High Endurance + Adapter. Still no joy, seems to only record 3-5 seconds and sometimes sentry mode doesn't work at all (I can literally bang my car like an ape) this started happening since last update. I'm on 2021.4.6 currently.