Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Falcon Wing Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 4 months of happy driving, one of my doors stop operating. I called the 800 number, but notwitstanding a number of over-the-air resets, they were unable to fix it or stop the annoying alarm that sounded repeatedly while the car was in drive mode. It took Tesla 48 hours to have a ranger come out to replace the cinching actuator, and I was grateful for that. but ....

1. If Tesla support can send a reset command, as they tried to do to reset the falcon wing door, then surely they can send a reset to shut off the door alarm.

2. I discovered a hidden capability - go figure this one out. While driving with the annoying car alarm going off, I unintentionally hit the PARK button, while driving. It shut off the alarm. I tried it several times, and it worked every time.

After 4 months of happy driving, one of my doors stop operating. I called the 800 number, but notwitstanding a number of over-the-air resets, they were unable to fix it or stop the annoying alarm that sounded repeatedly while the car was in drive mode. It took Tesla 48 hours to have a ranger come out to replace the cinching actuator, and I was grateful for that. but ....

1. If Tesla support can send a reset command, as they tried to do to reset the falcon wing door, then surely they can send a reset to shut off the door alarm.

2. I discovered a hidden capability - go figure this one out. While driving with the annoying car alarm going off, I unintentionally hit the PARK button, while driving. It shut off the alarm. I tried it several times, and it worked every time.
Nice find RE: Park button silences the alarm.