TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Problem with Falcon Wing Door

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by albrigi, Aug 2, 2017.

1. albrigi

albrigi Member

After 4 months of happy driving, one of my doors stop operating. I called the 800 number, but notwitstanding a number of over-the-air resets, they were unable to fix it or stop the annoying alarm that sounded repeatedly while the car was in drive mode. It took Tesla 48 hours to have a ranger come out to replace the cinching actuator, and I was grateful for that. but ....

1. If Tesla support can send a reset command, as they tried to do to reset the falcon wing door, then surely they can send a reset to shut off the door alarm.

2. I discovered a hidden capability - go figure this one out. While driving with the annoying car alarm going off, I unintentionally hit the PARK button, while driving. It shut off the alarm. I tried it several times, and it worked every time.

• Informative x 2
  2. Rossy

Rossy Supporting Member

Nice find RE: Park button silences the alarm.