Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Hansshow Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think all parts made in China are necessarily bad. I believe the TeslaOffer kits are also made there but they seem to be much more reliable and better designed than the Hansshow ones. Also I think there are some parts of the car itself that are made in China like the touchscreen and there hasn't been a widespread issue of poor quality.

As to how they fix a seized frunk, I was asking service advisor the other day his opinion on the power frunk kits, and he told me they had a vehicle come in after it couldn't open and they had to disassemble from underneath removing parts until they could access the latch.

I have the power frunk kit and it's been working fine for me. I did have an issue at one point and their support was not bad and got it resolved. I guess it's just luck sometimes.

Regarding the frunk being stuck closed, their kit comes with an emergency latch pull string which mechanically opens the hanshow portion so its weird that didn't work for you.

Reactions: HeyEph
I have the power frunk kit and it's been working fine for me. I did have an issue at one point and their support was not bad and got it resolved. I guess it's just luck sometimes.

Regarding the frunk being stuck closed, their kit comes with an emergency latch pull string which mechanically opens the hanshow portion so its weird that didn't work for you.
Yes, it was extremely frustrating that the mechanical pull wouldn’t release the latch. That’s the very reason it exists. I tested it out when I installed it and it worked fine, but failed when I needed it most. Hansshow had no suggestions.

I really don't get such short-term thinking by a company that retails goods and looks at profit/loss on a transactional basis. Seems if they are not making money on a particular transaction they stop providing service on that sale. This short-term approach makes me shy away from anything they sell that could be affected by Tesla OTA updates as it would appear they would not likely continue developing firmware to address the OTA changes. TeslaOffer on the other hand continues to update the firmware for their trunk/frunk kits to continuously improve their product and keep these upgrades on a public github page. I recently downloaded and installed their latest trunk firmware with an 'anti-pinch' feature where previously if the trunk is blocked while closing it simply stops but now it after stopping it then goes back up to full open.

Reactions: Pho3k
ROFL...sorry. One of those things where its a solution looking for a problem. Got what you deserved in a sense. Gheez....

Let me just say this, with a bunch of experience dealing with some SE Asian manufacturing....this is a big tip off of potential warranty problems and response.

Guangzhou, China

This isn't racist, this is just a fact and nature of manufacturing out of that area. Ask anybody with years of experience with this large coastal manufacturing district/port/city in China. Trust me, first hand with carbon fiber products in a different industry and LED technology. Not related to cars in anyway.

Here to say I've had a similar issue with the Hansshow Trunk kit.

tl;dr Unless you are prepared to do all the installation yourself and then be Hansshow's unpaid labor to troubleshoot their failed product for them, run away.

I bought the frunk and trunk kit with toe kick combo at a Black Friday sale in 2019. Installed the frunk kit myself in a few hours. It was pretty straightforward, and it still works fine. However, I got a little intimidated with the trunk kit so took it to a local professional in Jan/Feb 2020. Worked fine for about 8 months.

Trunk kit stopped working in October. Contacted Hansshow, they said they needed more information about what precisely wasn't working. (I mean, it's supposed to open and close the trunk. It will close the trunk, but not open it. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.) So I took it back to the installer who fiddled with it and sent me both a video and a written description of what's mechanically misfiring. Despite all that, Hansshow customer service refused to even discuss the issue. They just said I HAD to do live troubleshooting via Whatsapp with one of their engineers. Well, I'm in no position to do it, and my installer already donated their time to thoroughly document the problem and wasn't really inclined to chase it further. So after weeks of going back and forth with Hansshow, I just asked the installer to disconnect the power and put the OEM latch back on so it would at least open and close. (It was going to be way more labor (i.e. $$) to take the whole thing back out than just to disconnect it.) As he went to disconnect power, apparently the close mechanism triggered, and as it was pulling the trunk closed, one of the lift struts popped off the hinge and shattered my rear windshield 😐 And of course by this point, we were in early pandemic and I couldn't get an appointment to the windshield replaced for, like, a month.

So, a year + later, I'm out over $2000 dollars (for the trunk kit with toe kick, original installation cost, and replacement windshield), and all I have to show for it is a trunk that exceptionally difficult to close.

Given the feedback on this thread, I'm inclined to take out the working frunk kit, the FUBAR trunk kit, and replace both with TOs, but I'm still feeling snakebit.

Reactions: Pho3k and badiban
Here to say I've had a similar issue with the Hansshow Trunk kit.

tl;dr Unless you are prepared to do all the installation yourself and then be Hansshow's unpaid labor to troubleshoot their failed product for them, run away.

I bought the frunk and trunk kit with toe kick combo at a Black Friday sale in 2019. Installed the frunk kit myself in a few hours. It was pretty straightforward, and it still works fine. However, I got a little intimidated with the trunk kit so took it to a local professional in Jan/Feb 2020. Worked fine for about 8 months.

Trunk kit stopped working in October. Contacted Hansshow, they said they needed more information about what precisely wasn't working. (I mean, it's supposed to open and close the trunk. It will close the trunk, but not open it. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.) So I took it back to the installer who fiddled with it and sent me both a video and a written description of what's mechanically misfiring. Despite all that, Hansshow customer service refused to even discuss the issue. They just said I HAD to do live troubleshooting via Whatsapp with one of their engineers. Well, I'm in no position to do it, and my installer already donated their time to thoroughly document the problem and wasn't really inclined to chase it further. So after weeks of going back and forth with Hansshow, I just asked the installer to disconnect the power and put the OEM latch back on so it would at least open and close. (It was going to be way more labor (i.e. $$) to take the whole thing back out than just to disconnect it.) As he went to disconnect power, apparently the close mechanism triggered, and as it was pulling the trunk closed, one of the lift struts popped off the hinge and shattered my rear windshield 😐 And of course by this point, we were in early pandemic and I couldn't get an appointment to the windshield replaced for, like, a month.

So, a year + later, I'm out over $2000 dollars (for the trunk kit with toe kick, original installation cost, and replacement windshield), and all I have to show for it is a trunk that exceptionally difficult to close.

Given the feedback on this thread, I'm inclined to take out the working frunk kit, the FUBAR trunk kit, and replace both with TOs, but I'm still feeling snakebit.
Don't defenestrate the frunk kit! Hansshow support is awful, but the frunk kit is fairly bulletproof. Not like the trunk kit where they want you to fish wires through a bent rubber sleeve and NOT damage any of the 24awg wires already in that sleeve. Good luck! At least the replacement Tesla trunk harness is only $70.
ps: There's no need to fish wires into the trunk hood. That whole harness has a connector.. and a bypass harness utilizing that connector would be safer and easier to install. But that's not how other vehicles do it, so HansShow just barely adapted a previous product, rather than re-imagining how it could be better.....

The Tesla Offer kit requires that you fish a wire through too, but they use a second control box so you basically only need to fish one wire with a relatively small connector - so it's less work than the Hansshow kit, where as far as I know you have to reinsert wires into a connector once you've pulled the wire(s) through, which is a bit of a cruddy install experience imo.

The idea of tapping in to the existing harness is an interesting one. I wonder why neither of them do that given that they tap in to plenty of other connectors and provide their own ones to plug in instead.

With regard to Hannshow, I don't have direct experience, but I did just read that 74 page thread on the Hannshow audio upgrades. From start to finish. The gory details were that they shipped broken versions of their cable to people and used them as unwitting beta testers. I mean they literally shipped cables with speakers and phases swapped. That tells me that they did exactly zero QA on the product, never even tested it once. Whereas, I'm expecting it was plugged into a continuity and polarity tester before it's shipped. That's a deal breaker for me, this thread is confirmation that it's not a real company.

That's tempered ever so slightly by their finalized current version of the full upgrade appears to be working correctly and well for new buyers. And they were responsive and worked with people to solve their problems. That's a plus, but they did waste a lot of people's time and even plagiarized people's photos that were working through the problems. It feels like they are trying to do the right thing, but our expectations are higher than theirs.

I also built the Hansshow Frunk into my 2021 Model 3.

After a while he didn't want to drive up again.
According to support, a connector would be to blame and I should replace it.
Not that I got a new wiring harness, no, I only got 2 plugs with cables and should cut off the old plug and attach the new one myself.
I didn't want to do that.
Since then the support has not answered any more.

When I tried to uninstall the kit (as if it felt it) the hood wouldn't open at all.
I even went to Tesla and had to pay for them to open the frunk to me.

Now I have a kit lying here (does anyone want that?) And additional costs.
The support does not answer any more.

I can only advise everyone against nagging products from them.
What you save at the beginning, you definitely pay for it later.

I see Teslaoffer.com is now branded as EVOffer.com.
I am interested in the auto present door handles, as it appears to be a reasonable cost to replace the &T%%#!!! black handles
I will get with my Model 3 in September (it says here). I can buy used handles and deal with the labor at higher cost. At least this way there is a small increase in psychic value. (My detestation for the black trim n a red or blue car is legend and is documented elsewhere).
However, I am getting too old and decrepit to get out and get under any more, and don't really have a handy place to work.
EVOffer does not respond to emails, now only something called "Telegram".
Does anyone know of a shop in the Dallas area who is handy with Teslas and might take on installs of aftermarket goodies?

Last edited:
I don’t know if the through-the-fender approach would work given the aftermarket latch mechanism which failed in the locked position. All I know is what was on the invoice, and my service advisor saying they had to try a number of different things to break in.

For the record, I’m enjoying the Tesla Offer product which allows me to open & close the frunk from main screen. I put some smelly leftovers in it just tonight. Of course, it’s only been two weeks, so time will tell.
Gee... I thought all frunks were supposed to smell like BBQ!

I see Teslaoffer.com is now branded as EVOffer.com.
I am interested in the auto present door handles, as it appears to be a reasonable cost to replace the &T%%#!!! black handles
I will get with my Model 3 in September (it says here). I can buy used handles and deal with the labor at higher cost. At least this way there is a small increase in psychic value. (My detestation for the black trim n a red or blue car is legend and is documented elsewhere).
However, I am getting too old and decrepit to get out and get under any more, and don't really have a handy place to work.
EVOffer does not respond to emails, now only something called "Telegram".
Does anyone know of a shop in the Dallas area who is handy with Teslas and might take on installs of aftermarket goodies?
I also used to detest red/blue and black…however I think it turned out ok lol.

Attachments

• CD838C8F-FC0F-4FB7-A7A9-1784E7D7FBCC.jpeg
    CD838C8F-FC0F-4FB7-A7A9-1784E7D7FBCC.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 095D98CF-BBD9-4C2F-B4F7-77CAC3A7BE1D.jpeg
    095D98CF-BBD9-4C2F-B4F7-77CAC3A7BE1D.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 68
  • A28010BD-7B1D-4DD2-8602-7CD45BF2CD0C.jpeg
    A28010BD-7B1D-4DD2-8602-7CD45BF2CD0C.jpeg
    741.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 17EB3A60-722A-4FED-A907-5E063F5FBDBD.jpeg
    17EB3A60-722A-4FED-A907-5E063F5FBDBD.jpeg
    486.2 KB · Views: 71
I also used to detest red/blue and black…however I think it turned out ok lol.
First thing I will do when my new 3LR shows up is at least get the door handles wrapped, painted, powder coated, replaced with used, or replaced with the auto presents which appear to be shinybrite silver.
I've stocked up on the "How t replace the door handles" YouTube videos, and will do that if I have to, but a more palatable idea is a nice electrically powered drive to a shop who will do it for me. At my age, I'd rather "call the guy". If you see the Two and a Half Men episode when Alan adjusts the satellite dish rather than "calling the guy", you will understand.
I've seen the new cars with the black trim in the wild, and IMHO it is bad. Perhaps not as bad as the wrap which makes the car look as if it were sandblasted or polished with steel wool, but bad.

First thing I will do when my new 3LR shows up is at least get the door handles wrapped, painted, powder coated, replaced with used, or replaced with the auto presents which appear to be shinybrite silver.
I've stocked up on the "How t replace the door handles" YouTube videos, and will do that if I have to, but a more palatable idea is a nice electrically powered drive to a shop who will do it for me. At my age, I'd rather "call the guy". If you see the Two and a Half Men episode when Alan adjusts the satellite dish rather than "calling the guy", you will understand.
I've seen the new cars with the black trim in the wild, and IMHO it is bad. Perhaps not as bad as the wrap which makes the car look as if it were sandblasted or polished with steel wool, but bad.
Auto present handles…yes! My spouse cannot stand these handles…being used to the model S auto present. So I found teslaoffer (EV Offer) and they have a good solution for $500 usd. I agree with you I don’t have the time nor the inclination to have this as a DIY project and need to find someone on the GTA (greater Toronto Area) to do this. Not sure what it would do to my warranty though.

in terms of black trim vs chrome…I will admit the chrome has a class to it and goes with Amy colour really while the black is just sportier. I wouldn’t mind colour keyed handed to make them hide. I think that’s the harder one to visually accept…black handles on colour.

Hi there,

For those debating about trying Hansshow, I purchased a power frunk directly from them, Guangzhou, China. Quick transaction, it shown to my door within two weeks.
New version is water proof so it should be OK, I thought.
So far, my car is a 2021, installation is slightly different, no problem they have a video about it.
Did everything it did not work.
Start talking to them... They are in China so their hours are my evenings slow going back and forward, in about a week all we have done is reset all cables, power off and on system. You need to do a code upgrade.
I am three weeks in and still not working :(

I understand is a new version in a new car year model and while they are trying it has been a pain :(

If you are going to an older year, as long as you don't need them. You should be OK

I do wonder about their warranty :(