Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Hansshow Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

For those debating about trying Hansshow, I purchased a power frunk directly from them, Guangzhou, China. Quick transaction, it shown to my door within two weeks.
New version is water proof so it should be OK, I thought.
So far, my car is a 2021, installation is slightly different, no problem they have a video about it.
Did everything it did not work.
Start talking to them... They are in China so their hours are my evenings slow going back and forward, in about a week all we have done is reset all cables, power off and on system. You need to do a code upgrade.
I am three weeks in and still not working :(

I understand is a new version in a new car year model and while they are trying it has been a pain :(

If you are going to an older year, as long as you don't need them. You should be OK

I do wonder about their warranty :(
There's a distinct pattern with them. Good service for pre-sale, good support when providing verbal guidance, BUT as soon as you need replacement part(s) the service changes. Anyone not needing replacement parts generally views their service as positive. It's better to buy from a company that stands behind their product if you need any part(s) replaced.

I replaced my defective Hansshow frunk kit with EVOffer’s, which has been working flawlessly. I just completely removed Hansshow’s hardware and did a new install of the EVOffer kit. They have similar steps, replacing the latch, the struts, etc., so having done one I was more comfortable with the second. With EVOffer you have to replace the OEM strut brackets on the hood, which was different. There are lots of EVOffer installation videos online.

https://evoffer.com/Manual/M3_Auto_Frunk/TESLA MODEL 3 ELECTRIC FRUNK INSTALLATION GUIDE v1.0.pdf

Hi there,

For those debating about trying Hansshow, I purchased a power frunk directly from them, Guangzhou, China. Quick transaction, it shown to my door within two weeks.
New version is water proof so it should be OK, I thought.
So far, my car is a 2021, installation is slightly different, no problem they have a video about it.
Did everything it did not work.
Start talking to them... They are in China so their hours are my evenings slow going back and forward, in about a week all we have done is reset all cables, power off and on system. You need to do a code upgrade.
I am three weeks in and still not working :(

I understand is a new version in a new car year model and while they are trying it has been a pain :(

If you are going to an older year, as long as you don't need them. You should be OK

I do wonder about their warranty :(
Hey P2W, I have a 2021 Model 3 and ordered the power frunk from Hansshow. Received in about 4 weeks VERSION 5. Looked at ALL the u-tube install videos on M3s and MYs and concluded I could do it. No problems with replacing struts, ground and battery hookup, running emergency cable, the latch attachment (Tesbros video on V5 good detail on latch), but when it came to hooking up the wiring harness, nothing is labeled and found no videos for 2021 M3 V5. So I had to undo the latch, and now asking professional installer to finish. If it works as poorly as their instruction sheets (and video), then I am in for trouble.

For my 2019 Model 3, I had the frunk and trunk kit from Hansshow and was satisfied.
That was even the non-waterproof kit.
Still, it basically worked well.
I had to restart the drink several times, but basically not tramatically.
But I only had problems with the Frunk Kit for the 2021 model.

But I'm so put off that I probably won't order anything there.

Because only the low price is of no use if it doesn't work and the support is so bad.

myself like others saw YouTube and was influenced by YouTubers to install the Hannshow screen..Got an installer to install it and we followed various guides and instructions and still the screen won’t turn on..there is little or literally no support from Hansshow after the sales..so after $400 for install and $500 for screen I am left with a dead product..they keep telling to follow instructions..it is a simple plug and play..wanted to caution others..BTW mine is a 2021 MYP

Reactions: KaJu74
During my extensive research recently to see if I wanted to buy a Model 3, I was initially encouraged by some of the Hansshow products. However, the poorly written descriptions started putting me off. Then I watched their install video for their auto-present door handle system, since I am reasonably experienced in making improvements to cars. The video was useless and a total embarrassment, as there was no commentary describing what was being done, and the guy appeared to be doing it for the first time with absolutely no prior organization. He even dropped the inner door assembly when removing it from the door. I figured that if that is the best they can do for customers, then I want nothing to do with them. This thread has reinforced my initial negative impression and am glad to see that there appears to be a better alternative for these products.

During my extensive research recently to see if I wanted to buy a Model 3, I was initially encouraged by some of the Hansshow products. However, the poorly written descriptions started putting me off. Then I watched their install video for their auto-present door handle system, since I am reasonably experienced in making improvements to cars. The video was useless and a total embarrassment, as there was no commentary describing what was being done, and the guy appeared to be doing it for the first time with absolutely no prior organization. He even dropped the inner door assembly when removing it from the door. I figured that if that is the best they can do for customers, then I want nothing to do with them. This thread has reinforced my initial negative impression and am glad to see that there appears to be a better alternative for these products.
Agreed…I had to stay late night to contact their support and that too via WhatsApp..not helpful if you are spending hundreds..If they really want to capture market in the US, they need to field a support team here

Hi
Just report about hansshow trunk
Just take off today after little bit less than 1 year of using
Totally broken couldn’t open and close suddenly …….
I’m sorry to hear you’ve joined the Hansshow defective lift club. My recommendation is that you uninstall it as soon as you can. i replaced mine with EVOffer’s lift kit which has been rock solid. Going back to a manual frunk just wasn’t an option for me.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve joined the Hansshow defective lift club. My recommendation is that you uninstall it as soon as you can. i replaced mine with EVOffer’s lift kit which has been rock solid. Going back to a manual frunk just wasn’t an option for me.
Thanks ! I Remove in emergency today because couldn’t open at all , for the moment comeback to original version
Iam wondering what to do because maybe soon will arrive model Y in Japan ……

Does EVOffer have same compatibility with touchscreen and app for older (2018) M3s like Hansshow?

Also, any goid coupons to help close the price gap?
EVOffer has better compatibility on all fronts. They constantly update firmware which they make readily accessible on their github site. For example, they recently updated the firmware so the trunk kit is compatible with carwash mode. My kit works perfectly with my 2018.

Yes, there is a price gap but it is a better product, more reliable, frequent firmware updates, and much better service. All these benefits come at a cost but I believe is worth that price gap. Many people assume the kits are similar and therefore go with the less expensive one and end up learning the hard way.

Reactions: Durzel
EVOffer has better compatibility on all fronts. They constantly update firmware which they make readily accessible on their github site. For example, they recently updated the firmware so the trunk kit is compatible with carwash mode. My kit works perfectly with my 2018.

Yes, there is a price gap but it is a better product, more reliable, frequent firmware updates, and much better service. All these benefits come at a cost but I believe is worth that price gap. Many people assume the kits are similar and therefore go with the less expensive one and end up learning the hard way.
How do you update the firmware? Do you have to remove the frunk to get to the controller box each time?

How do you update the firmware? Do you have to remove the frunk to get to the controller box each time?
In a nut shell, download firmware on a microsd card, access location of your control box (for trunk kit, most people have the control box behind a trim panel on right rear of trunk and for frunk kit most have the control box beneath a panel near the 12v battery), slip the microsd card in the slot of the control box, wait for the led indicator to go through quick flashes, eject card, reinstall panel. A good installer will locate the control box somewhere hidden but easy to access with the card slot facing the correct way to allow easy access. The whole firmware flash process takes me about 2 minutes.