Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Hansshow Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these and plugging it into the module, with the other end somewhere accessible where I don't have to pull trim apart to get to it. It's the only flaw with the package I think that you have to take multiple pieces of trim off to get to the SD card slot.

No idea if it would work though.

Reactions: tlr1000
I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these and plugging it into the module, with the other end somewhere accessible where I don't have to pull trim apart to get to it. It's the only flaw with the package I think that you have to take multiple pieces of trim off to get to the SD card slot.

No idea if it would work though.
Great idea! I use one of these for my 3d printer since the slot is in an awkward spot. I actually 3d printed a mounting plate to relocate it and it would be easy to do the same for the trunk controller. Find a convenient spot and flush mount the adapter. The only drawback is that you can't see the confirmation led. I thought about using some kind of fiber optic light cable for this but too lazy to spend the effort.

My Hansshow model 3 frunk & trunk kit (installed May ‘20) has been working perfectly….until today. One of the frunk power struts is jammed open! So, I can’t drive it until it gets fixed. Searching the forum, this doesn’t seem to be common. I had to get a ride home from work. Will return with tools to at least get the frunk closed.

My Hansshow model 3 frunk & trunk kit (installed May ‘20) has been working perfectly….until today. One of the frunk power struts is jammed open! So, I can’t drive it until it gets fixed. Searching the forum, this doesn’t seem to be common. I had to get a ride home from work. Will return with tools to at least get the frunk closed.
You couldn't just physically disconnect the strut?
When I added the springs to my trunk, I removed the struts with what was essentially an ice pick.

You couldn't just physically disconnect the strut?
When I added the springs to my trunk, I removed the struts with what was essentially an ice pick.
Once I returned last night with tools, I ended up disconnecting the two ball joints with a narrow screwdriver and tucked the strut in just below the wiper (passenger side). Worked well and then the frunk could close, so I drove it home.

I contacted the installer who had installed it back in May ‘20. He was super responsive and came to my house today to swap out the broken strut with a new one for just $30. Great service! So, if you are thinking about Hansshow products and live in the SF Bay Area, I’d recommend going through him (link below). I asked him about jammed struts, and mine is only the second one he’s seen, with the other being a trunk strut. So, just bad luck.

Once I returned last night with tools, I ended up disconnecting the two ball joints with a narrow screwdriver and tucked the strut in just below the wiper (passenger side). Worked well and then the frunk could close, so I drove it home.

I contacted the installer who had installed it back in May ‘20. He was super responsive and came to my house today to swap out the broken strut with a new one for just $30. Great service! So, if you are thinking about Hansshow products and live in the SF Bay Area, I’d recommend going through him (link below). I asked him about jammed struts, and mine is only the second one he’s seen, with the other being a trunk strut. So, just bad luck.

Glad you had a happy outcome. I keep forgetting not everyone carries tools around. I have a Leatherman classic (over 30 years old) on my belt, with an LED Lenser flashlight. And usually an Xcelite Greenie, Reddie and Bluie in my short pocket, and a Ruger .380 in my waistband.
You never need a tool until you really need a tool, and then you usually REALLY need it.
Geek? Perhaps. Engineer who fixes things for a living. Even though I am retiring soon, I'll probly still carry them.

Had to deal twice with their support. Contacted them through email and they sent me a whatsapp number to text to. For the first one, the frunk wouldn't latch close. We exchanged message at one day interval (that's what happens when support is on the opposite side of the globe). Sent them picture and video and they told me what I did wrong.

Second one was because the frunk wouldn't open on first try sometimes (had to close then try to reopen). Sent them videos of the attempt to open from within the frunk. That didn't help. They then asked for a video chat around 9pm here. They were two on the line with one of them being a translator. They later on sent me an updated firmware with a longer delay before the struts started to open up the frunk. I flashed it today. Didn't help. Turns out it's that damn emergency cable that was still in the way. I took it out and it's working fine now.

The Tesla 9V emergency power works (just tried it), do I need that manual one? I'm guessing the automatic one isn't strong enough if the pull motor seize, hence the need for a manual one with lots of elbow grease?

Reactions: drdumont
Had to deal twice with their support. Contacted them through email and they sent me a whatsapp number to text to. For the first one, the frunk wouldn't latch close. We exchanged message at one day interval (that's what happens when support is on the opposite side of the globe). Sent them picture and video and they told me what I did wrong.

Second one was because the frunk wouldn't open on first try sometimes (had to close then try to reopen). Sent them videos of the attempt to open from within the frunk. That didn't help. They then asked for a video chat around 9pm here. They were two on the line with one of them being a translator. They later on sent me an updated firmware with a longer delay before the struts started to open up the frunk. I flashed it today. Didn't help. Turns out it's that damn emergency cable that was still in the way. I took it out and it's working fine now.

The Tesla 9V emergency power works (just tried it), do I need that manual one? I'm guessing the automatic one isn't strong enough if the pull motor seize, hence the need for a manual one with lots of elbow grease?
Considering the amount of people that installed this kit that had their frunk stuck closed (sometimes with the emergency cable failing too) and had to spend lots of money to get Tesla to force their way in, I would think the emergency cable is quite necessary, although it may fail anyways when you really need it.

Considering the amount of people that installed this kit that had their frunk stuck closed (sometimes with the emergency cable failing too) and had to spend lots of money to get Tesla to force their way in, I would think the emergency cable is quite necessary, although it may fail anyways when you really need it.
Yeah, I guess reinstalling it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I would think too, that the emergency cable is quite necessary, although it may fail anyways when you really need it.

At some point the opening stopped working for me and I paid over €250 for Tesla to open the frunk for me.
And I was lucky that I didn't have the inner fairing installed.
You unscrewed the hood at the upper hinges and operated the lock with a long hook.
If the cladding had been mounted, this route would not have been possible and opening it would have been even more expensive.

So no risk!

I've reinstalled the manual released and tried it to make sure it works (pulled it back out after). I've also added silicone beads over the screw holes of the controller and motor as well as smeared silicone over the supposedly waterproof edges of both the controller and motor. I've also installed them where the front do not have any dirt accumulation over a year and made sure the connections/cable are facing downward to prevent water intrusion. Let's see if that was worth the trouble...

Just thought of something. The motor pull cable is longer than necessary. I'm thinking of looping a nylon rope around it and bring that rope through that emergency hole. The idea is not to pull that cable through the hole but to make it visible through that hole. That way, a pair of bicycle brake cable cutter could easily cut the cable, releasing the pull latch holding the frunk shut.

There, done it. I've removed the frunk so many times lately that the whole thing took me less than 10 minutes lol

I didn't pull hard on the strings of fear of bending the casing but I could feel the cable making its way through the front where I should be able to cut it if needed be. It would still sucks if it stops working, but at least, I shouldn't have to have to pay the service center for opening my frunk for me.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Thanks for sharing this horror story! I to have one that if it can help save someone else time and money I will share. Purchase a frunk from Hansshows website… during I stall the frunk closed and never opened… has to pay Tesla $250 for them to open the frunk. I told them to just open the Frunk for me and that I would disconnect everything and reconnect all the factory stuff back on… after 6 weeks of back and forth with them via WhatsApp, no resolution… they sent me new equipment parts like a new “brain” or control box that does not match the newer version that had sent me… they basically want me to troubleshoot what the problem is… very poor customer service… I would definitely stay away from their products as they do not support if there’s anything wrong or anything goes wrong… save yourself the trouble and headache… thanks for listening…

Sorry to bring this to the tippy top but I hope this can spare someone from OUR experience because I was swindled too.

Was promised a carplay version of the product, but the responses were odd until I finally got someone who said that all 6.86 screens purchases after august 20th has carplay.

Well I was still sent a 6.86 screen WITHOUT Carplay and zero response to customer support when I matched the SKU to the no carplay version, the option of which ONLY showed up AFTER I purchased. (purchased on 12th, new version posted around 15th/17th)

Filed a dispute with paypal who btw likely won't help me as they consider this just a minor quality issue these days (wish I was kidding).

For the first time in my life I may need to use my cc to do a chargeback.

I've just bought with Teslogic and not looking back.

Sorry OP you went through such a nightmare. Safe to say our cars ARE our babies and while we're frugal we still spend a fair bit on them.

@BlkDragon, sorry to hear about your experience. I too have only ever filed a chargeback one time and guess who it was against? It's amazing that companies with just a poor track record manage to stay in business.

The Teslogic is supercool - just wish there was some super-integrated way of mounting it.