Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with new Jeda wireless pad... anyone heard of or experienced this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. So, my Jeda wireless pad and USB Hub finally arrived this Wednesday. Hooked up everything and tested it that same evening. As you know, installation is extremely easy. Here are the details:

1. I have an iPhone 8 with no case
2. The pad will not charge my phone when it’s in the portrait position and properly placed on the pad
3. If I raise & manually hold my phone about 1/2 inch off the bottom lip, then it will activate and start charging
4. As soon as I let go of the phone and it slides back down to the bottom lip, then it stops charging
5. The above behavior happens on both the driver and passenger side of the pad... again when the phone is in the portrait position
6. When I put my phone in the landscape position, everything works fine 100% of the time and it always charges

Attached is a relatively short video I made demonstrating what I explained above.
Turn up the volume and you’ll hear my observations.

7. Jeda support asked me to remove the wireless pad and plug it into a household wall outlet to see if it haves any differently. It does not. Exactly same behavior as described above.
8. I also confirmed all ports on their USB hub are functioning properly (I plugged various devices into those ports and got power to all devices). So, the Hub works just fine when plugged into the vehicle.
9. I also tested with other USB cables to make sure the problem is not with the two Jeda supplied cables.
10. Jeda says they are looking into it and will get back to me.

So, has anyone ever heard of or experienced anything like this with their Jeda wireless pad?
Surely, this Jeda pad was designed to work properly with something like an iPhone 8.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jedi2155
Yes Jeda chargers are garbage. They made me pay the shipping to send it back to them to take apart and move the coils down for my iphone 8. Their coils are small and are installed at the top of the pad instead of the other brands that are larger coils located to serve many phone models. They know this and dont care. They had my pad for over a month to move the coils down. It does work better now though.

Return it if you can they are a garbage company.

Yes Jeda chargers are garbage. They made me pay the shipping to send it back to them to take apart and move the coils down for my iphone 8. Their coils are small and are installed at the top of the pad instead of the other brands that are larger coils located to serve many phone models. They know this and dont care. They had my pad for over a month to move the coils down. It does work better now though.

Return it if you can they are a garbage company.

Thanks for your reply & honest feedback. I understand your frustration. Having waited over 2 months to receive my order, I was hoping the wait would be worth it and everything would work perfectly off the bat.

At this point, I still have faith that Jeda will do the right thing and just send me a new pad with the adjustment already made (without making me first return the current pad). Of course, once I receive the new pad, I’ll return the old one to them. Would be nice if they agree to send me a prepaid return label, so I don’t have to pay for the return shipping.
We shall see...

Thanks for your reply & honest feedback. I understand your frustration. Having waited over 2 months to receive my order, I was hoping the wait would be worth it and everything would work perfectly off the bat.

At this point, I still have faith that Jeda will do the right thing and just send me a new pad with the adjustment already made (without making me first return the current pad). Of course, once I receive the new pad, I’ll return the old one to them. Would be nice if they agree to send me a prepaid return label, so I don’t have to pay for the return shipping.
We shall see...

They wouldnt for me. Any you will wait another month for them to "adjust" it.

I posted this information in another thread, but thought it would be good to update my own thread.

So, I contacted Jeda a week ago (last Wednesday) about the issue described above and even sent them a few videos to demonstrate the problems. Still waiting for a definitive reply and remedy from Jeda. Apparently, others who have the exact same phone as me, are not experiencing this issue. Therefore, one can logically/reasonably conclude that my particular Jeda pad is defective. I’m not sure why it’s taking Jeda so long to realize this and simply ship me a new replacement pad. They have not responded to my multiple emails requesting an update. Definitely not impressed with their customer service...

Just to offer a counter point to the "garbage" comment above, I've been using a Jedda wireless pad in my Model 3 for over 6 months without issue.

Sorry to hear your pad is having problems, hopefully it's just an issue with your pad and will be replaced, vs an issue with the whole batch of pads (they seem to make/get batches of them at a time)

Hey everyone. Thought I would update my situation just to close the loop. It took a (long) while, but Jeda did ship me a new replacement Pad. Unfortunately, that new Pad exhibited the same behavior as the first one. So, the conclusion was the internal coils in the Jeda Pad are positioned about 1/4 inch too high to make proper contact with and charge the iPhone 8 model (when placed in the portrait position).

So, once I shipped the first Pad back to Jeda, they simply disassembled it, slightly lowered the internal coils and then shipped it back to me. They allowed me to keep the second Pad while they worked on the first one (just so I could at least have a partially functional wireless charger in the vehicle). Jeda did pay for all shipping costs.

The modified Pad has been working flawlessly with my iPhone 8 (as well as my wife’s iPhone 11 Pro). Ultimately, Jeda took care of me. But, their response time was honestly not good at all. I can certainly understand why some (or perhaps many) consumers would not tolerate it.

I just got the version 4 of their wireless charging pad and with my iPhone 13 mini it charges fine on the right side and in landscape at the bottom but the left side not so much, unless I move it around a bit. Kind of feel like I wasted my money and should have just left the OEM plug in pad on the car.

I just got the version 4 of their wireless charging pad and with my iPhone 13 mini it charges fine on the right side and in landscape at the bottom but the left side not so much, unless I move it around a bit. Kind of feel like I wasted my money and should have just left the OEM plug in pad on the car.

Honestly, I stopped using my wireless charging pad about 2 years ago. After going through three different types/manufacturers (Jeda, Taptes and then TEMAI), I finally realized I never really needed to add or maintain a charge on any of my phones while driving. This is because I usually take only short (less than 1 hr) trips in my M3. For folks who take longer drives, maintaining or adding charge is of course more essential.

Also, I think most of these chargers struggle to actually increase the charge level on the phone. Seems like all they really can do is maintain the current charge level on your phone, even when connected directly to & drawing power from the 12V cigarette plug. This was my general observation with all three of the above mentioned chargers. In addition, my phone would get really really hot when connected to any of these chargers, regardless of the orientation/position of the phone on the charger. By contrast, my phone would only get warm (and never hot) when connected to any other wireless charging pads/stations in my home. So, while all three of the above mentioned wireless chargers (Jeda, Taptes and TEMAI) “worked”, I never really felt they worked well for me.

The one from TEMAI actually worked the best out of the three. I think the build quality of the TEMAI is very good. I’d say same quality & solid feel as the Jeda, but with much better looks/styling IMO. Ironically, I got the TEMAI charger for free when I won the random drawing that TEMAI had on some of the products a while back on the TMC forum. In fact, I like the styling on the TEMAI so much that I actually still have it in my M3… it’s just not plugged in, so I’m not currently using it to charge. It’s just there mainly for looks and a little function, since I still place my phone on the TEMAI pad while driving around.

Jeda sent me a replacement and seems to charge better on the left side but still stops charging often. It could be that my 13 Mini sits down too low and not directly over the charging coil. But there are supposed to be Magsafe magnets in there yet doesn't feel like it with my phone, unless my very thin case is the issue. I contacted Jeda again they suggested removing their spacer if I have it installed, which I do. Not sure how they think removing the bottom space will allow my iPhone to sit up higher. Clearly Jeda doesn't know what they are talking about. Guess I could try just below my iPhone to give it a boost up a bit. But again, I kind of think having a wireless charging pad is a waste of money when it worked just find wired. Beside wireless charging is very inefficient and slow, so I might return it (if they pay for the return shipping).