Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with new Jeda wireless pad... anyone heard of or experienced this?

GreenHokie

Sep 26, 2019
central Virginia
Hey everyone. So, my Jeda wireless pad and USB Hub finally arrived this Wednesday. Hooked up everything and tested it that same evening. As you know, installation is extremely easy. Here are the details:

1. I have an iPhone 8 with no case
2. The pad will not charge my phone when it’s in the portrait position and properly placed on the pad
3. If I raise & manually hold my phone about 1/2 inch off the bottom lip, then it will activate and start charging
4. As soon as I let go of the phone and it slides back down to the bottom lip, then it stops charging
5. The above behavior happens on both the driver and passenger side of the pad... again when the phone is in the portrait position
6. When I put my phone in the landscape position, everything works fine 100% of the time and it always charges

Attached is a relatively short video I made demonstrating what I explained above.
Turn up the volume and you’ll hear my observations.

7. Jeda support asked me to remove the wireless pad and plug it into a household wall outlet to see if it haves any differently. It does not. Exactly same behavior as described above.
8. I also confirmed all ports on their USB hub are functioning properly (I plugged various devices into those ports and got power to all devices). So, the Hub works just fine when plugged into the vehicle.
9. I also tested with other USB cables to make sure the problem is not with the two Jeda supplied cables.
10. Jeda says they are looking into it and will get back to me.

So, has anyone ever heard of or experienced anything like this with their Jeda wireless pad?
Surely, this Jeda pad was designed to work properly with something like an iPhone 8.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jedi2155

RobC

Apr 4, 2016
Philadelphia PA
Yes Jeda chargers are garbage. They made me pay the shipping to send it back to them to take apart and move the coils down for my iphone 8. Their coils are small and are installed at the top of the pad instead of the other brands that are larger coils located to serve many phone models. They know this and dont care. They had my pad for over a month to move the coils down. It does work better now though.

Return it if you can they are a garbage company.

GreenHokie

Sep 26, 2019
central Virginia
Yes Jeda chargers are garbage. They made me pay the shipping to send it back to them to take apart and move the coils down for my iphone 8. Their coils are small and are installed at the top of the pad instead of the other brands that are larger coils located to serve many phone models. They know this and dont care. They had my pad for over a month to move the coils down. It does work better now though.

Return it if you can they are a garbage company.

Thanks for your reply & honest feedback. I understand your frustration. Having waited over 2 months to receive my order, I was hoping the wait would be worth it and everything would work perfectly off the bat.

At this point, I still have faith that Jeda will do the right thing and just send me a new pad with the adjustment already made (without making me first return the current pad). Of course, once I receive the new pad, I’ll return the old one to them. Would be nice if they agree to send me a prepaid return label, so I don’t have to pay for the return shipping.
We shall see...

RobC

Apr 4, 2016
Philadelphia PA
Thanks for your reply & honest feedback. I understand your frustration. Having waited over 2 months to receive my order, I was hoping the wait would be worth it and everything would work perfectly off the bat.

At this point, I still have faith that Jeda will do the right thing and just send me a new pad with the adjustment already made (without making me first return the current pad). Of course, once I receive the new pad, I’ll return the old one to them. Would be nice if they agree to send me a prepaid return label, so I don’t have to pay for the return shipping.
We shall see...

They wouldnt for me. Any you will wait another month for them to "adjust" it.

GreenHokie

Sep 26, 2019
central Virginia
I posted this information in another thread, but thought it would be good to update my own thread.

So, I contacted Jeda a week ago (last Wednesday) about the issue described above and even sent them a few videos to demonstrate the problems. Still waiting for a definitive reply and remedy from Jeda. Apparently, others who have the exact same phone as me, are not experiencing this issue. Therefore, one can logically/reasonably conclude that my particular Jeda pad is defective. I’m not sure why it’s taking Jeda so long to realize this and simply ship me a new replacement pad. They have not responded to my multiple emails requesting an update. Definitely not impressed with their customer service...

TTM3

Oct 18, 2019
Broomfield, CO
Similar issue on my brand new one. The driver side one does not work very well but the passenger and landscape one worked great. Just emailed them yesterday so I do not have a response yet.

Big-T

Sep 14, 2015
Seattle, WA
Just to offer a counter point to the "garbage" comment above, I've been using a Jedda wireless pad in my Model 3 for over 6 months without issue.

Sorry to hear your pad is having problems, hopefully it's just an issue with your pad and will be replaced, vs an issue with the whole batch of pads (they seem to make/get batches of them at a time)

GreenHokie

Sep 26, 2019
central Virginia
Hey everyone. Thought I would update my situation just to close the loop. It took a (long) while, but Jeda did ship me a new replacement Pad. Unfortunately, that new Pad exhibited the same behavior as the first one. So, the conclusion was the internal coils in the Jeda Pad are positioned about 1/4 inch too high to make proper contact with and charge the iPhone 8 model (when placed in the portrait position).

So, once I shipped the first Pad back to Jeda, they simply disassembled it, slightly lowered the internal coils and then shipped it back to me. They allowed me to keep the second Pad while they worked on the first one (just so I could at least have a partially functional wireless charger in the vehicle). Jeda did pay for all shipping costs.

The modified Pad has been working flawlessly with my iPhone 8 (as well as my wife’s iPhone 11 Pro). Ultimately, Jeda took care of me. But, their response time was honestly not good at all. I can certainly understand why some (or perhaps many) consumers would not tolerate it.

gaswalla

Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery
Sep 23, 2012
San Diego
Thanks for the follow up. Glad they took care of you. I think the issue is that they charge a hefty premium, so quality and service are expected to be exceptional

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC