Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with new TPMS after installing TSportLine tires/wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely absurd labor charge for swapping a TPMS sensor but glad you got it reimbursed.

Tesla doesn't even have to do any programming on them now, they're drop-in. Push down the bead of the tire, unscrew old sensor, install new sensor, torque it, and re-inflate.
Yes, but since none of my local tire shops could "read" the new BT TPMS I wasn't sure it was a bad TPMS or some other fault with the car, plus I wanted to talk to the Tesla front desk guys about the wind noise we are experiencing and how they would go about troubleshooting it and would it be worth my time to book another appointment and make the 80-mile r/t.

We have a new Discount Tire, NTB, and a BIG local tire dealer (DOBBS) near me and none of them had the "tool" to read BT sensors.

Yes, but since none of my local tire shops could "read" the new BT TPMS I wasn't sure it was a bad TPMS or some other fault with the car, plus I wanted to talk to the Tesla front desk guys about the wind noise we are experiencing and how they would go about troubleshooting it and would it be worth my time to book another appointment and make the 80-mile r/t.

We have a new Discount Tire, NTB, and a BIG local tire dealer (DOBBS) near me and none of them had the "tool" to read BT sensors.
Yeah, you were kind of forced into going to Tesla on that one - I hear ya. The tool is only about $300, hopefully more stores get on board with it in the near future.

how did you get Mobile Service to install 3rd party wheels?

they won't touch my TSportline 18" wheels and claim caliper interference.
I opened the app and booked a tire/wheel SWAP, in the description I said I wanted to swap my summer tires for my winter tires. They came back with one question reminding me they can't mount tires to wheels. I replied the tires/tpms are already mounted.
mL3A1y7.jpg