Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Nomad Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi -- I have a nomad charger in M3LR 2020 and it has been working fine until recently. LEFT charging pad stopped working with flashing orange light -- then RIGHT one died and has flashing orange light. It won't charge anymore and just wanted to see if anyone else has experience this issue? I think the USB ports still work and dash cam is recording.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has experience this and to be sure it wasn't something with the car.

You think the USB ports are still working, or you KNOW the usb ports are still working? I have one of the nomads as well (but ordered a replacement jeda one during their black friday sale because the nomad doesnt fit my new nexus 6 pro, just havent gotten it yet).

Mine still works fine.

Hmm…good point. I assumed that the ports themselves were not the problem, but maybe I should backtrack. What is the recommended way to test the ports themselves? Is it just with any peripheral device?

Hmm…good point. I assumed that the ports themselves were not the problem, but maybe I should backtrack. What is the recommended way to test the ports themselves? Is it just with any peripheral device?

I would remove any hub etc that you have installed, if any, put a few MP3s on a USB drive, then plug it in and see if you can play those songs. Thats not some official recommendation or something, its just what I would do.

If the above works, add the hub (if any) back, then try the USB stick with those few songs in a couple of the hub ports. If both of those work, then the USB ports in the car will be verified not only to work, but with data.