Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Profile selection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I both have profiles set up and both have iPhones connected. My profile is set to default. When I get in, it's a random choice of whether it sets my profile or hers and I get crushed behind the dash until I manly find the profile buttons and reset to my profile. Any way to cure this? We have the latest holiday update btw.

My wife and I both have profiles set up and both have iPhones connected. My profile is set to default. When I get in, it's a random choice of whether it sets my profile or hers and I get crushed behind the dash until I manly find the profile buttons and reset to my profile. Any way to cure this? We have the latest holiday update btw.

I am just resigned to being crushed occasionally. I walk up to the car first and sometimes it changes over to her profile just as I am getting into the seat ... which then starts sliding me toward the steering wheel.

This just seems to happen randomly. And yes, we have our profile names attached to our individual phones and key cards.

My wife and I both have profiles set up and both have iPhones connected. My profile is set to default. When I get in, it's a random choice of whether it sets my profile or hers ...
We've had our MY for a month and so far the car has only used the wrong profile once, when my spouse was still too close to the car. We both use iPhones (model 13) and mine is not primary. Is this a case of switching from a third profile (e.g. easy entry) to the driver's profile?

Having the same problem....in V10, I could *fairly* quickly click on the top of the screen and switch to my profile. I got good at this since I knew it was like 50%/50% and I don't like getting crushed....but in V11, I can't find any quick way to stop the madness....anyone else?

Having the same problem....in V10, I could *fairly* quickly click on the top of the screen and switch to my profile. I got good at this since I knew it was like 50%/50% and I don't like getting crushed....but in V11, I can't find any quick way to stop the madness....anyone else?
If you touch any of the physical controls for the seat, it stops the crushing action immediately and then you can select your profile from the screen after a few dozen attempts to find the right location.

Your problem is shared by many. This evening my driver seat started moving toward my wife's position even though her phone was nowhere near the car. She was the last one to drive it but my phone was the one that unlocked the door, yet it wasn't recognized as the driver's phone. This has been happening in various scenarios since I got the car 14 months ago. It was already frustrating, but I got used to hitting the STOP button. That option is no longer available, and I have started to train myself to open the controls page, touch her name and then select mine. Now I'll add one more step to the process and use one of the seat controls to stop the movement before things get too uncomfortable. Thanks so much Tesla, for making something that was an occasional annoyance into a royal PITA. "All input is error"? Sure, Elon - keep living in your fantasy world. Out here we have to deal with the reality of your products, not how you imagine them to be.

Reactions: JoeT21MY
Any updates on this?

When I got the car in December 21 it was pretty flawless. Then it went a bit patchy in jan….. but was only occasionally.

Then since March / early April or probably the last update it’s consistently pulling up my wife’s profile (or the last user) - like it’s not even 50/50.

I did wonder if it’s because I added another profile for sleeping - I have a kid and my wife likes shopping lol. Bit of a relaxed mode that I click on when needed

Or Could this be an update issue?

I have a 2022 MY. This almost never happens to me. My wife is often in the passenger seat next to me, and the car always picks my phone's profile correctly. The only time it didn't was when my wife first opened her passenger door, and then a few seconds later when I opened the driver door, the seat started moving to her profile.

My problem with the profiles between our two cars is Sentry Mode. I have hers set to exclude home as it’s parked in the garage and mine is set to include home cuz I park in the driveway. When we rotate cars, it switches the two. Hers will include home and mine will exclude home.
Another annoying thing it affects our two separate Spotify accounts/playlists. But that’s for another time

So I was playing around with the setting make sure on profiles on your phone you set it to your name. If not it’s not going to work. There is a small person icon you press to let system know what phone that is assign to.