Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Sentry Mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are new Model X owners and still learning about the nuances, still much to learn!

We live in a multi unit building (just 5 of us) but have had two break-ins during the last year. We have beefed up the security but decided to also use the Sentry Mode when parked in our gated parking as an extra level of security. Three separate days in the last month the lights on the car have gone off (no horn heard) multiple times setting off the security system in our building which results in three of us getting woken with the warning. All of these have occurred in the early morning (0200 - 0500 hrs). I have scanned the video footage of our vehicle and nothing is around the car when it does this and no incidents recorded in the car. It does not seem to happen when the Sentry Mode is not on.

Any ideas as to why this happens? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

We are new Model X owners and still learning about the nuances, still much to learn!

We live in a multi unit building (just 5 of us) but have had two break-ins during the last year. We have beefed up the security but decided to also use the Sentry Mode when parked in our gated parking as an extra level of security. Three separate days in the last month the lights on the car have gone off (no horn heard) multiple times setting off the security system in our building which results in three of us getting woken with the warning. All of these have occurred in the early morning (0200 - 0500 hrs). I have scanned the video footage of our vehicle and nothing is around the car when it does this and no incidents recorded in the car. It does not seem to happen when the Sentry Mode is not on.

Any ideas as to why this happens? Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Have you looked at the thread “Random car alarms” on the general model X catagory? Also are you frequently checking your car’s status using your iPhone? That wakes the car up and may account for the behavior.

Thanks for the info. I have now looked at the "Random Car Alarms" and will keep track of the dates it does this and will contact the service centre if it stays an ongoing issue. Only really check the app when we are charging.