TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Problem with Slacker Media

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Hitman007, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

So all of a sudden my Slacker is cutting off songs right before the end and jumping to the next song. Anyone else have this issue?

2. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Member

Yes, quite a few people have reported this with 8.0 - look at the last several pages of the Firmware 8.0 thread, as well as others.

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

It's not all of the sudden, it happened with version 8.0. There's a thread dedicated to that topic around here somewhere.

4. Hitman007

Hitman007 Member

I also noticed in 8.0 they no longer have the media app. I only have two apps now.calendar and Navigation. Since the media app is gon I no longer have the ability to choose between standard streaming or HQ as well as other things. So I am now ready to offer my opinion of the new media player in 8.0. IT SUCKS. Tesla needs to fix these issues immediately in regards to the media and LTE. The old media was way better! The searches were better, the songs played all the way through and the whole interface was better. Is there a way to submit feedback directly to Tesla on these updates that are full of bugs?

5. Sherrose

Sherrose New Member

I could not agree more with Hitman007. I wish I had my satellite radio back.

6. LovelyCarrot

LovelyCarrot Member

Yes known issue with 8.0, when leaving the car while a song is playing on Slacker, then returning later, the song will resume and play for 30s and then jump to the next. Not sure this invalidates the entire media player experience though... I personally find the changes very welcome. Waaaaay easier to navigate favorites and recents and find content then digging through all those nested menus.

7. outie

outie Active Member

Email your feedbacks to [email protected]

They will reply saying your concerns have been forward to the right people.

8. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

That behavior also happens with Slacker app on iPhone. It isn't Tesla doing this, it is Slacker. I think it happens when it reauthenticates and can't resume old session.

9. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

It also does that when you drive in and out of AT&T cellular reception zones (AKA Rural Penalty).

• Informative x 1
  10. elreydetodo

elreydetodo Member

FYI for premium audio cars the high quality stream option is now at the login screen for Slacker. The high quality feed option was removing from all base audio cars in 8.0. I asked Slacker support to pull log data to see what my car was asking for, and it was AACv2 40kbps. They might as well disable Slacker in the base audio cars.

Also, any claims that changing the feed quality in the web player are incorrect. There is no link whatsoever here. That is a local setting stored in a cookie or something. If you go to another browser or a phone app you'll have to change it again. The car picks the feed quality and format.

I'm streaming Slacker now via bluetooth and is sounds perfectly fine.

If you're a base audio owner and upset about Tesla crippling your Slacker feed, please email [email protected] and let them know.

• Helpful x 1