Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Slacker Media

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also noticed in 8.0 they no longer have the media app. I only have two apps now.calendar and Navigation. Since the media app is gon I no longer have the ability to choose between standard streaming or HQ as well as other things. So I am now ready to offer my opinion of the new media player in 8.0. IT SUCKS. Tesla needs to fix these issues immediately in regards to the media and LTE. The old media was way better! The searches were better, the songs played all the way through and the whole interface was better. Is there a way to submit feedback directly to Tesla on these updates that are full of bugs?

Yes known issue with 8.0, when leaving the car while a song is playing on Slacker, then returning later, the song will resume and play for 30s and then jump to the next. Not sure this invalidates the entire media player experience though... I personally find the changes very welcome. Waaaaay easier to navigate favorites and recents and find content then digging through all those nested menus.

I also noticed in 8.0 they no longer have the media app. I only have two apps now.calendar and Navigation. Since the media app is gon I no longer have the ability to choose between standard streaming or HQ as well as other things. So I am now ready to offer my opinion of the new media player in 8.0. IT SUCKS. Tesla needs to fix these issues immediately in regards to the media and LTE. The old media was way better! The searches were better, the songs played all the way through and the whole interface was better. Is there a way to submit feedback directly to Tesla on these updates that are full of bugs?
Email your feedbacks to [email protected]

They will reply saying your concerns have been forward to the right people.

FYI for premium audio cars the high quality stream option is now at the login screen for Slacker. The high quality feed option was removing from all base audio cars in 8.0. I asked Slacker support to pull log data to see what my car was asking for, and it was AACv2 40kbps. They might as well disable Slacker in the base audio cars.

Also, any claims that changing the feed quality in the web player are incorrect. There is no link whatsoever here. That is a local setting stored in a cookie or something. If you go to another browser or a phone app you'll have to change it again. The car picks the feed quality and format.

I'm streaming Slacker now via bluetooth and is sounds perfectly fine.

If you're a base audio owner and upset about Tesla crippling your Slacker feed, please email [email protected] and let them know.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby