Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with TMC website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone has any insight please help. When on my Samsung I get the image below relentlessly. I've clicked through it 20 times writing this. When I click "view certificate" I get the other image.

Sorry, didn't know where to post this question so let me know if I need to move it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170120-203900.png
    Screenshot_20170120-203900.png
    240.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20170120-203910.png
    Screenshot_20170120-203910.png
    246.9 KB · Views: 45
When I connect to www.teslamotorsclub.com from a desktop browser, the server presents a valid certificate for the site ("ssl379814.cloudflaressl.com", which has a subject alternative name that specifically includes teslamotorsclub.com so is able to be used for that site.) Cloudflare seems to be the service provider that TMC is using.

The error message presented by your phone shows that you are seeing a generic certificate for "*.cloudfront.net". Cloudfront and Cloudflare are two different providers, and TMC's certificate is issued by Cloudflare, so this seems a bit suspect.

The likeliest explanation is that one of the ads being shown by the TMC site is coming from Cloudfront, but the browser on your phone sends the wrong server name indication when loading that ad within the frame, so you get the generic Cloudfront certificate which isn't valid for teslamotorsclub.com. If the ad is unique to TMC then that might explain why you don't see the issue on other sites.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dj B and Festerfeet