Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with version 2019.50.1 — no voice control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you confirm your version number from the all or the car? Never heard of 2019.50.1

Reboot is the first thing to try but you’ve done that. Might want to try again. Is the car on WiFi? Voice commands need connectivity so wifi is a good place to test but should work anywhere you are connected.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
When I got 2019.40.50.1 it added some of the new stuff, like opening the glove box. But it made all voice commands unreliable. I waited for 2019.40.50.5, hoping it would get better. It got worse. I figured I could do a reboot (buttons plus brake pedal) and now I can't get any voice commands to work. Am I missing something or do I need to wait for another patch?

Reactions: fiatlux
when 50.1 installed the voice commands seemed to be working poorly at times. Later I discovered that it was better to say the "command" first, then with the "command" appeared in the card give the descriptor. Not sure that was perfect but, I thought, better.

Now with 50.7, it seems to work quite well, although I haven't tested it too much, I think it is pretty good now.

So 2019.40.50.7 is now installed. Still works erratically. I did a bunch of commands; repeating the same command over and over at the same voice level. Some times it heard nothing. Sometimes it heard the words and displayed them correctly. Sometimes it actually executed the command.

Reactions: fiatlux
Since update voice commands have become essentially unusable.

A) mostly the voice command is not heard
B) if it is heard it is often wrong
C) I've even experienced asking for a temperature reduction, the command is recognised correctly then it executed a temp rise. This was repeated 3 times.

It's a joke