Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with WIFI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine refuses to even check for a software update anymore. Regardless of what internet connection I have.. its stuck saying last check was performed on June 8th @ 8:40am. Going to reach out to Tesla service.
I am on 2022.12..3.16. My Model Y can find my home wifi, and a bandwidth test shows appropriate speed, but when clicking "Software" it always shows the same data and time (back on June 13th). Multiple reboots have not helped. Also, on the home wifi router, the car displays a a "Model 3". We do also own a Model 3, but I am sure this specific connection is for the model Y since I can ping its local IP address when the wifi is on in the car, and the ping fails when the wifi is off. I can stream audio and video just fine, just never update software. I had a Tesla guy out about a week ago. He reset the car and I got it do do an update check, but the problem returned. Tesla is backed up and will not be able to look at it again for 2+ weeks, and this time I will have to bring it to a service center (thankfully close). I wonder if this is related to Elon's "all hands on service" announcement. It would suck for everyone on the 12.3.x branches to need to bring their cars in to fix this. If anyone has suggestions, I would be glad to try them.

Reactions: Jsch223 and Daekwan
So I got 2022.16.1.2 yesterday and it appears to have solved the wifi issue. Atleast so far. Noticed wifi immediately connecting the last few times I've been in the car. Dashcam is working again too.. but again we are talking about getting in the car maybe 3x over the past 24 hours. Will be interesting to see if these things are permanently fixed.

One thing I noticed was that bug that shows a previous date when checking for new software still exists. Even though my car successfully updated yesterday.. its still showing last check for software update was Jun 8th @ 8:40am. Its been stuck like that for 2 weeks now.

I had to reboot sometime after I got 16.2 to get back wifi otherwise it wouldn't see the SSID in my garage. Has solved the dashcam mounting issue but now I have seen multiple BT connectivity issues/lagging connections etc. This base build has connectivity issues up the wazoo..

Got the 16.3 update a few days ago, and while wifi connectivity is much improved, still are times where the car can't detect my hotspot (or any wifi) and it requires a full reboot to fix. Sorta sad a tech-heavy company such as Tesla can't fix such a simple problem they introduced a few updates ago.

Hi... I admit I am a new Tesla owner and not as savvy yet on updates/software issues, etc.... my issues seems slightly different.... I have no problem finding networks and connecting to my home network... but there is no bandwidth/progress... streaming services don't work, Tesla app can't find the car, etc.... its not a wifi problem as every other device has zero problem on the network... any ideas.... I've done the hold both steering controls reboot and still nothing... my network tools show the Tesla connected, but.... nothing.

Last 2 updates I realized my car isn't connecting to the home network. Have to restart and manually connect each time.
I was having similar issues. I moved my router closer to my garage as a temporary measure and this helped. Since then I purchased an Amazon basics WiFi extender ($40.) This seems to have solved the issues I was having with downloading Tesla updates and staying connected to the WiFi network.