Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems connecting Gen 3 home charger to wifi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New charger is working fine. However, I cannot get it to connect to wifi. I've tried scanning the QR code with iPhone camera, which just gives an error in Safari (cannot connect). Have tried using QR scan app which doesn't do much. And tried setting it up manually in iPhone wifi, with name being the SSID and Password the SPA@ password on the label- still cannot connect. I feel like I must be missing something simple....thanks.

New charger is working fine. However, I cannot get it to connect to wifi. I've tried scanning the QR code with iPhone camera, which just gives an error in Safari (cannot connect). Have tried using QR scan app which doesn't do much. And tried setting it up manually in iPhone wifi, with name being the SSID and Password the SPA@ password on the label- still cannot connect. I feel like I must be missing something simple....thanks.
I had the same problem yesterday. The solution was to turn off cell reception on the iPhone. Afterwards, turn it back on.

I just hooked up ours this weekend, be sure you do not have WPA3 enabled on your router. That was my problem with my eeros.

but getting 50mi/hr charge is so much nicer that the 5 we were getting!

good luck!
I misread, you cannot even connect to the WC, try to either cut your breaker, or hold button on plug for 10 seconds to deactivate the WiFi, apparently it turns off after 5 mins. But mine also disconnected a few times when connecting eventually I was able to connect fast enough and enter My home WiFi now it works