TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Problems Disconnecting Charger in the Morning?

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by KevinDE, Jul 20, 2016.

1. KevinDE

KevinDE Member

Does anyone else have problems disconnecting their charger in the morning? I've had the Model X 75D for a few days now and when I go out and press the button to disconnect it, the color changes to blue for a second and then back to green. I usually have to click it a few times, go in to the car and click "stop charging" until I can get it disconnected.

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Is the car unlocked when you are trying to disconnect? If you approach from the rear you don't pass by the doors which causes the car to unlock. Don't know if this applies to you but it's often the issue when someone reports not being able to disconnect the charge cable without going into the car.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. KevinDE

KevinDE Member

That makes sense to me now! I was trying to save my wife a step before she got out int he morning but didn't have the key with me. Guess it makes sense the car won't allow you to remove the plug if you haven't unlocked the doors!

• Like x 1
  4. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

That is exactly correct