Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems Hansshow Power Trunk V6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I have installed Hansshow power Trunk on my Model 3 2020. After some problems in switch on the device (solved with your support in another thread), I have problems in closing the trunk (solved with increase closing strength).

Now I have one last problem. Often, when I open the trunk, the device unlock but don't open. In previous version of the device there was possibly to increase opening strength. In V6 seems this possibility was not supported. Or I miss something?

If I remove the cover where is located the hook of the trunk, seems everything ok...

What do you suggest? Thanks!

Hi guys, I have installed Hansshow power Trunk on my Model 3 2020. After some problems in switch on the device (solved with your support in another thread), I have problems in closing the trunk (solved with increase closing strength).

Now I have one last problem. Often, when I open the trunk, the device unlock but don't open. In previous version of the device there was possibly to increase opening strength. In V6 seems this possibility was not supported. Or I miss something?

If I remove the cover where is located the hook of the trunk, seems everything ok...

I’m having lots of issues. Sometimes won’t open and now won’t close. You are correct v6 doesn’t seem to have the strength setting on the control box or any way to do it via the button. Hansshow support very slow at getting back to me. One week since WhatsApp message and no reply yey

Their support is terrible. I would not recommend purchasing to anyone going forward. They keep changing functionality and firmware versions to correct issues and end up causing us all headache’s. I have had service centers also request disabling before service as well.

Just look at how they treat their customers, that is all you need to know.

Uff.. tried today for the first time. If I open from the screen it works. But there is no way to close from it... Display says that trunk is open in gray, not in black, so there is no way to push again for closing...
It's normal? :(

Curious if anyone with the V6 installed lost the ability to open and close the trunk via the screen or app after V11 software.

I just installed my V6 two days ago and can't operate the trunk via the phone or app at all. It works otherwise. It also seems then sent me a Y harness for the foot sensor. Sent them an email but haven't heard back.

Curious if anyone with the V6 installed lost the ability to open and close the trunk via the screen or app after V11 software.

I just installed my V6 two days ago and can't operate the trunk via the phone or app at all. It works otherwise. It also seems then sent me a Y harness for the foot sensor. Sent them an email but haven't heard back.
Just installed V7 power trunk and same issue. Does not give me the ability to close the trunk from the app. Can still close using the remote or trunk button, but main point (and as advertised) was to be able to close it with the app .... Disappointing.

Last edited:
Just installed V7 power trunk and same issue. Does not give me the ability to close the trunk from the app. Can still close using the remote or trunk button, but main point (and as advertised) was to be able to close it with the app .... Disappointing.
I have yet to be able to get anyone to respond to my issue with both this and the fact they sent me the wrong harness for the kick sensor.

Did you ever get a solution to this issue? I have the exact same issue with my Hansshow Power Trunk

Hi did you figure out how to close the trunk from app? I have same issue. I can’t close my trunk from app. Plz help.