Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

problems in the European delivery hell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....Tesla needs more automotive logistics experts on staff, and quickly.
I would not hire those. They are used to steady state operations and their performance is far from faultless even for their much simpler tasks. In patchwork Europe nothing is simple. Customs will not hire an additional clerk just for you e.g. There are lots of elements at work here of the type: "To get a child more quickly, having 9 wives won't help." I would rather look for a military international logistics professional. He will know what ramping quickly requires.

I've been buying cars for 53 years and only once did I pay by bank/certified check and that was at a dealer two states over where I ordered over the net and railroaded in and drove back to save $3k over the local dealer.

If they can't trust my personal check, I don't want to trust them. And I'll be darned I want to give anyone access to my accounts given the fraud going on. If that means I don't buy their car, fine with me. It may also be they aren't in a financial situation to wait several days for the check to clear, another warning. Are they going to be there for warranty service or in ten years?

I've been buying cars for 53 years and only once did I pay by bank/certified check and that was at a dealer two states over where I ordered over the net and railroaded in and drove back to save $3k over the local dealer.

If they can't trust my personal check, I don't want to trust them. And I'll be darned I want to give anyone access to my accounts given the fraud going on. If that means I don't buy their car, fine with me. It may also be they aren't in a financial situation to wait several days for the check to clear, another warning. Are they going to be there for warranty service or in ten years?

We paid for my car with a check during their end of Q3 rush in September. Of course this was in the U.S., Calif. to be specific, and understand some States have different requirements on this. Not applicable to European deliveries of course, which this thread is about. I assume each overseas country has different requirements and licensing from the other as well even though you are part of the EU.

I wouldn't get all upset about method of payment without talking to your delivery adviser as to what they will need. I seriously doubt they are in a financial situation and can't wait several days for a check to clear. Where do people come up with this stuff? Been driving my car since delivery and loving every minute. Communications weren't the best setting up the delivery time frame but delivery went smoothly, and couldn't be happier.

Hey Europe, I was hoping to see more photos of your cars as you get them! And wondering how the color choice pans out from most popular to least.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden
Tesla today sent text messages in Italian to Norwegian customers..
Tesla Text Message said:
Aggiornamento Tesla � la tua Model 3 � quasi pronta! Il periodo stimato di consegna della tua Model 3 � tra 16/3 e 29/3 a Trondheim. La fattura sar� disponibile a breve. Ti chiediamo di prepararti al pagamento. Se non vuoi pi� ricevere SMS, rispondi STOP.
Gotta love the automated systems. This is kinda like the robot thing at the factory when they tried to use a robot to install sound deadening mats only to find that a human could to the job ten times more efficient. This automated e-mail and text message debacle is the same story. They´ll soon find out that customer service reps calling customers will cost them less than all this auto generated nonsense.

• Love

Gotta love the automated systems. This is kinda like the robot thing at the factory when they tried to use a robot to install sound deadening mats only to find that a human could to the job ten times more efficient. This automated e-mail and text message debacle is the same story. They´ll soon find out that customer service reps calling customers will cost them less than all this auto generated nonsense.

I got the same message in German here in Austria just earlier, with the date range 7.3. to 17.3. and also with broken umlauts ;)

Reactions: AustinPowers
If you use UK superchargers please tell how you pay. A few UK SC now have CCS. Channel Tunnel and Maidstone do, maybe some others.

I'm hoping I can use my pre loaded Mastercard to pay in Pounds in the UK and euros in Euroland, or even pre load my Tesla account with euros. Anything to avoid bank currency conversion charges.

I received a similar message 5 days ago, but with the exact date. Well, being Italian and living in Italy the language wasn’t an issue, the problem is that I’ve been called a few hours later and when I told them about the appointment they simply replied “oh well that doesn’t count, it was just an automated message”. From that day, no more messages :(

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
So.. I had an appointment on Saturday but received no confirmation nor invoices thus far, so I gave the tesla center a call to have a heads up. It seems they're not able to register the car with the government (Belgium) right now so any delivery for Belgium which has not yet had the vehicle registered is currently on hold until that's solved... *Yay*

My latest communication with Tesla revealed that apparantly I have now been designated a VIN, the car has been produced (yay) but is stil in SF, so not on a ship heading for Europe yet. So I think the message I got earlier saying my car would be delivered sometime between 6/3 and 16/3 might have been a bit too optimistic after all.
Will wait and see. Have yet to receive my invoice and also will not be able to insure the car before "early march" according to the insurance companies.

I don’t even know where to start venting off my frustration
- Day one reservation holder
- Ordered 5 minutes after becoming available
- a lot of people are getting their model 3 in Portugal
- I don’t have a VIN, a Date, or any type of communication from tesla.
- all my process is approved

I’m out of ideas. It’s just very sad the way a 1st day reservation holder is being treated