TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Problems registering on MyTesla - never receive verification e-mail

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Chris1970, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Chris1970

Chris1970 Member

Greetings all. Just picked up a 2013 Tesla P85 after lusting over them for years. Absolutely love the car. Has anyone else had problems registering on MyTesla on the Tesla site? I've tried multiple e-mail addresses and I never receive the verification e-mail. I've checked my spam folder and waited over 24 hours. I'd really like to use the MyTesla app and connect my car to it. I can't seem to find any way to contact support on the site either. Am I the only one who has encountered this issue?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Gabzqc

Gabzqc Member

@Chris1970 I have had the same problem, tried many times with different addresses and checked spam folders on all accounts, nothing arrives.
    :confused:

3. pgiralt

pgiralt Supporting Member

Just call the ownership number or email [email protected] and they should be able to help you.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... How did you order your car without a MyTesla account? Scratch that... You probably bought it used.

4. Chris1970

Chris1970 Member

Thanks for the tip. Will try that. Yes, I bought it used (7 months old).

Chris

5. cctvman

cctvman New Member

I have the exact same issue. Ordered my P85 (upgrade to + ???)a few weeks ago, order emails came through with no issues, but I can't get the verification process to work, for the forum access. Grrrrr

6. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Maybe you are being scammed??? Someone opened a website called MyTelsa and made it look just like MyTesla?????

7. Chris1970

Chris1970 Member

Quick update. I e-mailed the ownership e-mail address. They got back to me within a day or two. They pointed me to [email protected] and asked me to send them my MyTesla login name, copy of my driver's license, and a copy of my registration. Once I did this within a day or so they had everything activated and set up. Thanks to all for the suggestions.