Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with 2021.24.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I installed 2021.24.10, the dashcam icon disappeared on Screen so there is no way to view the camera clips. There is also no access
to the viewer on safety and security page. Anyone else have this problem or know how to get the dashcam icon back on screen.

Haven’t tried but I just got an update notice for 24.11. You might want to wait a few days and see if 24.11 fixes it
I updated the software. Replaced sd card. It worked for a day. Now the camera icon is gone again.

Attachments

• 857C6FEC-B289-4E9A-80DF-91CD9E12EEAA.jpeg
    857C6FEC-B289-4E9A-80DF-91CD9E12EEAA.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 49
I updated the software. Replaced sd card. It worked for a day. Now the camera icon is gone again.
I had a similar problem last week in our Model 3 (on same S/W version). I unplugged the USB that held the microSD, unplugged the splitter it was plugged into and plugged it directly into the port. The card was then, once again, recognized and worked properly. I unplugged it and then placed it in the splitter again and it continued to function. It's been a week without any further errors or problems. Try it if you don't have the card plugged directly into the USB port. Alternatively, it may be a problem with the adapter you're using for your micro-sd card.

what file system are you using on the card? Are you stopping dashcam before removing it? If you don’t stop dashcsm first, with some file systems removing it will corrupt the file system, and you won’t be able to restart it. Don’t ask my how I know.

Reactions: laservet
I’m having this same problem. My dashcam was working fine prior to the recent update. Now it’s gone. If I use the Format button, it will appear, but then silently disappears shortly later. No errors messages.

If I plug my SSD into my computer, I can read and write it successfully, disk check runs clean, etc. But the car just ignores it.

I’m currently on 2021.24.11.