Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with customer service for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving from West Palm Beach to Columbia, SC and stopped in Daytona Beach to charge at a Tesla Supercharger. After a hard reset, the car still would not charge. Tesla had it towed to the Orlando Service Center and it has been there for two weeks. Now I am told that it will be another week before it is fixed. I am told by the Orlando Service center that no loaner will be provide since my destination is more than 200 miles from the service center and that the Charlotte service center cannot provide a loaner since that is not where my car is being serviced. This seems bizarre na out of the norm for a responsible car company. Ha anyone else had an experience with a car disabled on a long trip and no assistance fro Tesla?

I think you have a unique situation. I am going to disagree that its 'no assistance from Tesla". They are fixing your car in Orlando, are they not? Doesn't that qualify as assistance vice telling you it needs to be flatbedded back to Columbia to fix it? It would not make me happy if it was my car but I don't think its unreasonable that Tesla can't loan you a car because you are 200 miles from your SC.

I don't remember reading or hearing that we are guaranteed a loaner in every situation when our cars go in for service. We all know Tesla does not provide a loaner at every SC or always even rideshare.

I am sympathetic with your situation and I don't like that you are out of pocket for additional expenses. We won't always know why Tesla's policies don't satisfy what we want. But they may have had previous bad experiences where they loaned cars out of state. And they must avoid those situations. Sounds like there is a backstory that Tesla may know and are not obligated to explain.

I’ve had nothing but problems at the Orlando service center. The staff is great but clearly overwhelmed with all the model 3 and Y deliveries and their post delivery repairs. My 2018 model s has had suspension rattle for which I’ve been these 3 times. Each time, they will or commit to a loaner and insist on Uber credits which are not practical for me.

I’m dreading my service visit tomorrow (for the same issue) and will see if a loaner will be made available. I know that your issues are separate than mine but the Orlando SC is just over their head with workloads.

I’m probably going to trade in my S and get a Taycan next week.

I was driving from West Palm Beach to Columbia, SC and stopped in Daytona Beach to charge at a Tesla Supercharger. After a hard reset, the car still would not charge. Tesla had it towed to the Orlando Service Center and it has been there for two weeks. Now I am told that it will be another week before it is fixed. I am told by the Orlando Service center that no loaner will be provide since my destination is more than 200 miles from the service center and that the Charlotte service center cannot provide a loaner since that is not where my car is being serviced. This seems bizarre na out of the norm for a responsible car company. Ha anyone else had an experience with a car disabled on a long trip and no assistance fro Tesla?
Yes, assuming your vehicle is still under warranty, that would be very disappointing to me as well.