Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, did that…also re-formatted it on the x no luck, got home and re-formatted it on my computer. When I plugged the drive in the Teslacam folder was missing. Anyhow re-formatted and added the folder. It all works now. At least in my case the vehicle format option doesn’t work.
I'm seeing the same. Vehicle format option is dimmed out, and the car says that the drive doesn't have a file system (although it mounts just fine on my computer.) Oddly, I was able to launch the viewer in the car and view old sentry clips, but the car still complains that the drive doesn't have a file system. Clearly a software glitch.

Hi All,

For a long time now the car has been formatting the drives to exFAT.
Try formatting the drive to exFAT in your computer and adding the TeslaCam folder.

The car seems not to format a drive already formatted to another format.
Example: It will not format a FAT32 drive to exFAT.

When you plug the drive into the car see if the "Format" button is not greyed out...
If it's not greyed out the car now recognizes the drive.

Good luck,

Shawn

Similar issue here. First time I've formatted since going to 2021.32.10. I tried formatting in the car and with the laptop. If formatting in the car, I at least get the dashcam icon right after formatting. If I click the viewer, the viewer starts to launch, appears to crash, and the dashcam icon goes away. I can only get it back by formatting in the car and going through the same cycle I just mentioned. I've rebooted the car as well. Halp! :)

Solved my issue thanks to a post on Reddit. My usb stick has both micro sd and sd card slots. I’ve only had a micro sd card inserted all this time. Tried formatting and rebooting but nothing worked. Reddit suggested putting a formatted sd card in with some music on it and it worked! Alert has gone away. So basically the Tesla was telling me that there was an empty slot there. So either get a dedicated micro sd to usb stick, or fill all the slots in your usb stick.

• Informative
Reactions: Art VandeIay