TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

problems with EZPass

Discussion in 'Model S' started by medphys, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. medphys

medphys Member

Hi all,
    Has anyone encountered a problem with the EZPass transponder not responding going through a too both? Had that problem yesterday. Had to hand it to the Toll Taker for scanning. Booth scanners could not recognize it.

Thanks,

2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

Search "EZ-pass", and you should find several threads with all sorts of information.

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Or you could just answer his question by saying Yes, the Model S windshield blocks EZpass signals. Most of us switched to external tags or mounted the transponder on the back of the nosecone.

• Like x 1
  4. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

What year is your car?

I have the refresh, and the EZpass works right next to the cameras.

5. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

I didn't just "answer his question" because there is no simple answer. At various times during various build periods people reported no issues with EZ Pass placed in certain locations.

I wasn't trying to be difficult. I just didn't want to try to summarize several threads and dozens of posts in one post.

6. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

I put mine on the inside of the top left rear window. Works fine but on hot days sometimes the Velcro gives out.

7. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

IMG_0046.JPG Here is what I did with mine.

8. Ciaopec

Ciaopec Reservations at Restaurant at Universe end.

Both of mine ( IPass and SunPass) are mounted bottom center of back window. Have had no problems with either one.