TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

problems with speed limit detection and enhanced autopilot

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by urodoc, Sep 29, 2017.

1. urodoc

urodoc New Member

I have a late December 2016 model S D75. I have been having problems with the speed limit detection freezing at 25 mph and then not changing after I leave my neighborhood. When I try to activate autopilot (on the highway) it drops me to a top speed of 30 mph. I did not have this problem for the first 7 to 8 months of ownership. Tesla claims it is the GPS but it seems to be a software glitch and resolves on reboot. Has anyone else had this experience?

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

If the change has happened after a firmware update then I think your Service Center is correct.

The firmware limits your maximum autopilot speed based on a location.

Whoever writes the code and defines what those locations are would result in a change when you got your new firmware update.

There might be a reason why those code writers did that or it might just be a mistake.

Service Center can't do any thing about that because that is the judgement of the firmware team.

In that case, hopefully, the limit will be lifted next firmware update.

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Member

Same issue here Urodoc. December 2016 Build - noticed the same speed limit cap on AP when on Freeway. Will read something like 25mph or slight above.