Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with the Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the PTO on Nov 5 - Powerwall 100% for several days ran good generating up to 30kWh per day House would run all night Battery down to 30% in morning when solar would start working again. Powerwall recharged by 10:30am then would generate to the grid.

Couple days ago, started only generating 10-12kWh per day Battery would still charge to 100% but then even though system is set to "Self-Powered. Am drawing from the grid - during the night just randomly switching from Powerwall to Grid for power - morning comes still have 70% on Powerwall but have drawn 3.5kWh from grid. Backup reserve is set to 10%

Other issue of interest. TEP Meter today reads used 10.7kWh generated to the grid 27.0kWh
Tesla's app for this month shows Net grid use -67.8kWh Solar generation 304.7kWh Home usage 210.0kWh Powerwall discharge 109.3kWh
Questions
1. Why the huge discrepancies between meters and Tesla app?
2. Why is the system drawing from the grid when Powerwall is full or nearly full?
3. Why the sudden drop in generation - no clouds - know it is getting near winter and have panels on east side, but quite a drop in one day.
4. Are 1,2,3 related
Need an explanation

@eidukonis, I'm expiriencing one of your issues since around 10/28 - the system is drawing small amounts of power from the grid when the powerwall is full or nearly full. I posted a thread on this serveral days ago and no one seems to have an answer to what's going on. I have a request into Tesla and hope to have an answer "soon" (which in Tesla time may be a long wait).

bwb1

I'm having the same problem. Full sun, just stops or mostly stops producing solar and starts drawing from grid. It's happening to me right now. Logged in via the web interface just to validate that it wasn't an app issue.