Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Process once invited to build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone advise the process with rough timeline how it should work?

Once you get the email for access and configure the car and hit submit what happens? When you configure is this where u arrange financing? I can't seem to find a step by step guide with what happens here?

Timeline with as much details would be awesome. Including how long is it typically take from configure your car until you get it based on the model S I guess since no clue on X.

Thanks

I just finished configuring, but the rough process is this, you will receive an email saying it is time to configure your X, you can either click on the link or log on to your my Tesla page. There will be a configure button for you to do your configuration and choose your options. On the home page for my Tesla it will give you how long you have before your configuration locks up, I imagine it will be the same as Signature, about a week or so.

Now as far as financing and all that, I imagine that I will soon start to have the conversation, also on the invitation to configure email will be the number of the person dedicated to helping you at the nearest Tesla Service Center. That will be the person you can contact for information regarding financing and trade in options if you are going to do that. My understanding is that these discussions happen closer to delivery time.

Congratulations and good luck!

Thanks for some insight. That's the most I've been able to learn here on this process. Odd with all the traffic. I assume what no one knows right now is the time between submitting the design and actually having to transfer the money to them which I assume is the date the x is delivered?