Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Process to buy w/ PenFed loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of folks seem to be using PenFed for auto loans bc of the great rate available, but I noticed the following at the start of the application:

Please Note:All loan proceeds will take approximately 7-10 business days to arrive by mail. PenFed auto applications currently do not have the option to Express Ship or send to a Financial Center location at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Is this going to be problematic? It sounds like in some cases by the time you get the VIN Tesla wants you to complete the purchase within some silly amount of time like a day or two; maybe they are wiling to hold the vehicle at least until loan proceeds arrive if you have documented approval?

Im shocked i got 1.24 with DCU. My employer allow a second fixed direct deposit which I directed to DCU while keeping my OG bank acct intact. Very happy I setup account with them.

PM if anyone needs a referral!
I just spoke with an agent who mentioned that the .5% rate discount (required along with the .25% EV discount to get the rate down to that 1.24%) was specifically for direct deposit of your entire salary (not sure how this would be enforced, maybe comparing to the income quoted in your application). It sounds like you didn't have to do that?

I just spoke with an agent who mentioned that the .5% rate discount (required along with the .25% EV discount to get the rate down to that 1.24%) was specifically for direct deposit of your entire salary (not sure how this would be enforced, maybe comparing to the income quoted in your application). It sounds like you didn't have to do that?
I don't deposit my entire salary (closer to 3/4) and I still maintained the 0.5% rate discount after the 90 day grace period. Not sure how they calculate it.

My delivery date is Jan 11-Jan 25 with no VIN assigned yet (and no MVPA). Can I only start the loan process with DCU after I get the MVPA? How long is this process with them typically?
No, you can start the loan process before you have the MVPA or even your VIN, you just need to supply both to them before they write the check for the loan. It took 2-3 days for the entire process for me but they could have done it faster if they weren't waiting for the MVPA from me.

Reactions: ishareit
Status
Not open for further replies.