TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Processing time for wire deposit?

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020+' started by MSPFL, Sep 16, 2020.

1. MSPFL

MSPFL Member

Question for those who have wired Tesla the balance of their Roadster deposit - how long did the system take to reflect that the wire had been received? Given my timeline so far, I'm hoping that it typically takes at least a couple days...

2. jeffbco

jeffbco Member

Usually couple of hours.

3. MSPFL

MSPFL Member

Ugh. I was expecting it to update in a few hours. 2 days later I'm starting to get concerned. Calling Tesla produced no useful information. I have a service appointment tomorrow for my S, I'll probably try asking around at the SC while I'm waiting...

4. jeffbco

jeffbco Member

Your bank should be able to give you a confirm that the wire went (day and time and where) - sounds like Tesla back office is overwhelmed.

5. MSPFL

MSPFL Member

Thanks for the info, and correct, I have confirmation of where and when the wire was sent. I know Tesla has the money I'd just appreciate Tesla acknowledging that they have the money o_O

Hopefully they're just busy like you said...

6. MSPFL

MSPFL Member

Just got the confirmation email, so the answer for now is about 2 full business days to process...

7. walla2

walla2 Member

Curious as to why you would reserve? Most of us in line are jumping ship due to perpetual delays and tomorrow will announce another delay. It's likely better just to wait for actual sales to open. You probably don't want the first off the line anyway...

8. lowtek

lowtek Member

Pun ... INTENDED!

9. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

Oh man, yes I do!

10. MSPFL

MSPFL Member

What Bob said!

Also jumped in line for the plaid MS. Probably won't keep both but if the MS shows up before the roadster it'll be a nice hold over for the rest of the wait