Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ProClip Device Mounts for the Tesla 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

ProClip USA offers customized vehicle mounts and device holders for numerous vehicles and devices. We are currently looking for a Tesla 3 to design some customized vehicle mounts with. ProClip mounts attach to the existing seams in a vehicle so no damage is done to the vehicle with the mounts. We have a mobile design vehicle and can travel some distance to your location to design the mounts. After the initial designing of the mounts, another scheduled time will be needed to test the mounts and do some photos. The time between the making of the mount and testing should be about 3 weeks. We can travel to your location each time for the tasks. Our location is near the Spokane Washington area and we can travel a distance from there but would prefer to stay closer if possible. Also, in late October or early November of 2018, we will be in our Madison Wisconsin location so could work with a Tesla 3 closer to that location at that time. We would be grateful to hear from anyone who has a Tesla 3 that would be kind enough to help us with this task. My contact information is:

[email protected]

Our web address for product reference is:

www.ProClipUSA.com

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Steven

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Roentgen
Bump for an awesome company with quality products. Still don’t have my 3 and much farther away but would if I could. Any luck with Turo in those areas?

PS - have you seen the suction style with an articulating arm mounted to the rear of the display panel. Looked pretty clean imo. Qi charging would be hot too. Tnx

Reactions: MikeATL
Long-time Proclip user here. Very happy to see that you guys are working on a Model 3 mount. Due to the lack of Carplay/Android Auto it is still necessary to interact with the phone screen for many things, and the low position of Tesla's phone bay is less than optimal.

I'd help out, but I guess being in California I'm a bit far away. ;)

Reactions: aspec818
Also a long-time user of ProClip mounts. Had/have them for phone, GPS and small hand-held amateur radios in my BMW and Honda Odyssey. Mine are the ones which clip in front of the vents. You do lose (somewhat) the air flow from them. While the mounts tend to be on the pricey side, their are worth it for getting your equipment out of your hands but yet still within view and reach.

• Informative
Reactions: CTEV1
I have also been a ProClip user for years on all of our family vehicles. Unfortunately, I'm in Florida so too far away for the ProClip folks to use my car.

I had reached out to them telling them about a design idea I had and they said "we are not taking on product suggestions for the manufacturer at this time" so I decided to do some experimenting.
IMG_20180930_183408.jpg
The phone holder itself is the adjustable ProClip with USB-C power (for my Pixel 2XL). It is currently mounted to the back of the screen with 3M double sided foam tape. Obviously the white sticks out like a sore thumb. Dont' judge, it's all I had to work with. However, the good folks at Abstract Ocean hooked me up with some vinyl that will pretty closely match and hide the mount from the outside. It's virtually invisible from the inside already.

The preferred solution would be a mount that clips to the screen across the back similar to tablet holders.

From the driver's perspective, the phone is nicely visible between the screen and the steering wheel. Almost like an extension of the screen. Great for Waze and other apps.

If somebody would like to participate in taking this design further and/or to market, I'd be happy to partner up.